• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When should we go on our trip?

miblue

Mouseketeer
This will be our 3rd family trip and first with 4 kids (last trip we only had 2). We have gone in January and February and enjoyed the weather that time of year! Our oldest is now in school though so we'd prefer to do a school break.

Our options are either this summer, like July or October (both of 2017). We are having another child in March so we would have a 7.5 (or 8 in October), 5, 3 year olds, and 4 months (or 7 mo. in October).

Our 3 year old has a disability and since we have not gone with her, I'm not sure what that entails as far as ride passes but thought I'd throw that in there, too. Thanks for any advice!

Based on weather alone, I would always pick October over July. Orlando is not the place to be in the summer!

October. It will still be plenty warm. July will be suffocating. You can make it work, but why when you have the option of October?

Ok, that's totally what I thought with the weather wise! Are the crowds about equal both times of year too?

If weather is a consideration, I would choose October. It is hot during the day, but not bone scorching, surface of the Sun searing hot. I love October.

It can be crowded, especially when you plan Magic Kingdom and Epcot days and nights because you need to consider F&W crowds and MNSSHP Party nights, but honestly plannign around that is similar to planning park days and nights in the Summer months, IMO....you have to hit the parks early and get out before it gets too hot or too crowded, depending on July or October.

If you need to plan around a disability, I would suggest that you go to the DISabilities forum. The peopple who are there can assist you best. Once they know what help you will need, they will provide you with accurate information that pertains to your situation.

I recommend october, Mickey's not so scary halloween party will be available and it'll be a very memorable event for the kids to trick or treat around the magic kingdom. Also pandora has a better chance to be opened by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter