• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to buy tickets?

Peter Birkett

Earning My Ears
We got some brilliant advice from this board before so here goes with another begging letter, desperately seeking information.

We are going to WDW in November arriving 6th. We are hoping to catch offers for either a seven or ten day hopper plus ticket.

From past experience what offers might we expect and when should we take the plunge? We are WDW virgins so we have no previous experience of our own to work from.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi :wave:, and welcome to the DIS boards!

Check this earlier thread on 10 day passes , which apparently now expire in December, so may suit your requirements. There have been a couple of other threads about this pass, so if you look back over posts from the past couple of weeks you may find more.

Hi Peter,
I like to buy hoppers as these do not expire - should you have to cancel for some reason, your passes will be good for a later trip. You won't get huge amounts off Disney passes but many of us have bought passes from www.ticketmania.com who sometimes have postage free to UK, and give you a few dollars off the rack rate.
Check all your options - check out your nearest Disney Store and see what they are offering too. You have plenty of time and don't forget, you can always buy them out there, although Disney have held their pass prices so far for Summer whilst Universal and Sea World had a price increase so there may be an increase later on this year. ( Out there, if someone is offering a large amount off WDW passes, beware! There is probably a timeshare attached to it!)
Have a rough idea of what you want to do based on your family's needs before purchasing passes e.g. if you have two weeks and you want to visit Sea World and the two Universal parks as well, the 7 Day Park Hopper Plus would give you 7 Days unlimited admission to the 4 WDW theme parks PLUS 4 admissions to the water parks/Pleasure Island etc. - we usually allow a full day for a water park visit.

Hi peter

Last year we bought our tickets for WDW from our local Disney shop as they had a special offer on at the time , so they are worth checking out,. Companies advertising on teletext for Florida hols also offer tickets. We rang a couple of them too.

Worth noting we could have got our tickets a couple of pounds cheaper , from a company on teletext sorry can't remember the name, if we'd accepted a voucher instead of tickets. This voucher has to be exchanged for tickets when you get there. As we preffered to have the tickets in our hands when we got there we decided against this. So IMHO if this matters to you ask before you buy. If not go for the cheaper option.

Our tickets for Sea-World & Universal Studios we bought over there from the estate office for our villa. These were cheaper than paying on the gate.

Hope the above makes sense it seems a bit rambling to me !!!!!!!!!

:jester: :jester: :jester:

for the first time ever I have bought all my tickets in this country instead of buying them in Orlando.

My WDW tickets I bought from the Disnry Store at £199 for adults - can't remember the price of the childs ticket for 10 days entry to be used with in 20 days of first use and including a voucher for a Character Breakfast- check these and Virgin etc tickets out as said before some of them have been lengthened to last til November.

My Universal/IOA I bought from the Universal Studios website after seeing a post on the boards 7 days entrance for the price of 2, check there website they may still have special deals - they arrived really quickly in the post less than 7 days if I remeber.

Booked Discovery Cove on net months ago before I thought again about spending such money on one day - but I'm more excited about this than the kids.

Busch Gardens I bought these from the website, you just take the print out to the park for entrance.

I am pleased that I have all my tickets now, so that when I arrive all my money is spending money and boy oh boy can I spend (just as DH) he says I have Harrods taste and Woolworths money.

Shop around and if you haven't heard of some of the companies offering cheap tickets check them out on the boards I have always found everyone here really helpful

I've had a look around whilst looking for the operating hours for the various parks and have found the following on the websites

www.universalstudios.com a 5 day universal bonus pass Adults $89.95 and children $76.95

www.seaworld.com online price Adults $44.95 and Children $35.95 no shipping as you print a voucher to take with you

www.buschgardens.com the same price and procedure for seaworld

hope thes help in some way

Thanks for all the information.

The ten day passes seem to benchmark at about £199 for adults. My parents had seen a supposed "special offer" at that price but the dates didn't work and they were worried that they might miss out on a good deal.

I will check out the local Disney store but from what I have seen on this board and elsewhere the prices seem pretty stable so we will probably get them later in the year when we start concentrating on the trip a little more closely.

All I need now is a pair of tickets for the Dolphins v Ravens game in the middle weekend of our trip!

Peter, in the Sunday papers there was a short article on a new UK company - they said that they had a competitive rate and that should people find the same passes at a cheaper published rate ( I am not sure but that may be confined to UK published rate??), that they would refund the difference as long as it is before departure.

www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk

Since they are new, we don't have any experience of them so don't know how they 'shape up' yet but it may be worth checking out their prices.

Are those £199 10 day tickets still available? I thought you had to buy them before the end of May?

We had them, and I think they are a very good deal - but I am not sure if the offer still stands

bev

Lunn Poly still have the deal for the 10 day passes and I rang them yesterday as they have a deal on the 4 or 5 day Flex Ticket the prices are :

4 Day = £125
5 Day = £149

You also get a free disposable camera if you buy them, the offer is until 31 August 2001

Not sure if this is a good offer or not.

Helen;)

I will properly be told off for this, but hey there have been deals Virgin was offering 7 days for the price of five for a hopper ticket not sure if they still are but to be honest, last time we waited until we got there and done a timeshare tour, we done the 7 am one, done the tour kept them to the 90mins they will go on all day if they could, and got blinding deal on the tickets and was still at the gates as they opened, the tours offers a good free breakfast lunch etc depending on the time of day, we went twice one for disney and done another for our flexi tickets and done the early mornings so we didn't waste any park time, all I would say is make it clear you are just there for the tickets once you get you rep, this usually get you away alittle quicker as they must work on commission or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter