When to inquire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfanrob

Father of the craziest kids to ever enter Disney W
I am going to be looking to rent points for the Vero Beach resort in late May or early June next year. Historically, are those times pretty open as far as availibity? Also, when would be a good time to start actively pursuing those points. Thanks in advance.

Since the 11 month reservation priority is just now available for that time period, you might want to secure your rental from a VB owner as soon as possible to make sure you can get what you want.

Just post the dates and room type you'll need. You can't start too early. :)

I'm considering renting points and have tried to get the hang of this. Posters have listed that they have points available for a certain hotel but I thought the points applied to all choices. Does it make a difference where the DVC member's home points are? Also, I realize that the earlier you book, the more likely you are to get exactly what you want but if someone waits will they be likely to get the points cheaper? I want to go about the same time as the original poster if that makes a difference.:D

Yes, the "home" resort offers an earlier booking window. For example, a BWV owner can reserve a room 11 months prior to anticipated vacation time; an OKW owner can reserve BWV only 7 months prior to vacationing at BWV. So, that means that if you wanted Christmas at BWV, those owners can reserve the time during the last week of January but an OKW owner has to wait until the end of May.

If there is a "prime" week in which you're interested, try to connect with an owner of that particular resort. As to price per point, you need to decide if taking the chance at NOT getting the size accommodation or resort itself is worth the extra dollar or so that you might save by waiting. An example of this would include folks who want to rent during December; at this time, the resorts are fairly well committed with little/no availability left.

The times you are looking at Vero Beach can be a challenge. I'd try and hook up with a Vero owner and book now. I say this because we tried to book around that time a year ago at the 7 month window. No go. And the waitlist did NOT come through. I can only assume it was because the dates were near Memorial Day. We were willing to take 1 OR 2 bdr, although the dates were not flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter