• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will the BRV (VWL) renovation begin? (poll)

When will the BRV (VWL) renovation begin?

• now through June 2022

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • July, Aug, Sep 2022

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Oct, Nov, Dec 2022

Votes: 18 18.2%

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • 2024 (before PVB2 opens)

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • After PVB2 Opens

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • February 1, 2042

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters

Is there not anything that can be done to force DVC to address the reno? Owners are paying their dues and an allocation of those funds are geared towards refurbs according to the proposed schedules. At this point, a cycle of improvement will be missed and there will be a surplus of funds in improvement pool which I believe is not permitted under timeshare laws.

No personal stake in this so I didn't vote, but it would be nice if DVC would give BRV owners an estimated date & explanation for the delay. Costs virtually nothing to send an email.

a cycle of improvement will be missed
I doubt it will be missed completely - just postponed, and other resorts such as BCV will be pushed back too - domino like. I agree with @CarolMN - DVC really owes BRV owners some clear messaging. I’m not a BRV owner either - if I were, I’d be emailing Member Satisfaction repeatedly to ask for updates.

Boulder Ridge is so popular with the owners, that I expect the resort is heavily booked in 2022 with everyone trying to use up all those points from held back because of the pandemic. But I would really hope that they will start the remodel in 2022. I expect that it will start in September 2022.

I doubt it will be missed completely - just postponed, and other resorts such as BCV will be pushed back too - domino like. I agree with @CarolMN - DVC really owes BRV owners some clear messaging. I’m not a BRV owner either - if I were, I’d be emailing Member Satisfaction repeatedly to ask for updates.
But they've already postponed it, twice. If they don't refurb as promised this year, this will be the THIRD postponement. I'm with @prouddaddycdn what can we do as owners? DVC clearly isn't feeling obligated to complete this refurbishment.

Boulder Ridge is so popular with the owners, that I expect the resort is heavily booked in 2022 with everyone trying to use up all those points from held back because of the pandemic. But I would really hope that they will start the remodel in 2022. I expect that it will start in September 2022.
Given that they had postponed the refurb twice, and the last time they postponed it to 2022, they had plenty of opportunity to block out rooms to do the refurbishment. The current availability calendar does not seem to support that they will be doing this -- in fact, a bunch of availability opened several weeks ago in the fall, implying that they HAD reserved rooms that they now released, which also supports the concern that they are, in fact, postponing the refurb again.

We're clearly not as important as BLT, VGF1 & VGF2, and PVB1 & PVB2! Heck, even the SSR pool was able to get confirmed refurb dates in 2023, but still silence on BRV.

what can we do as owners?
As I said, I’m not an owner there, but if I were I would be emailing the Member Satisfaction team repeatedly. I agree they owe the owners a timeline and some good reasons for the postponement.

DVC really owes BRV owners some clear messaging.
Disney has many issues, and #1 among them is communication--truly, they suck at it. In their message to guests, to DVC owners, to employees, to nearly everyone, they simply don't have a clue how to approach people except to lean on their "mystique." That might have worked 20-30 years ago, but people want more transparency now; they want companies to be open with them. Disney has built a maze of subterfuge, omission, and lack of details. Who are they truly accountable to? Their corporate stockholders, not us. I don't expect any real news from DVC/Disney regarding refurbishments until they start. . .whenever that may be.

As soon as I make a new reservation, that will be when they decide to refurb. Years ago, they tried to move us for our December trip because of refurb, I elected to stay there anyway. We got like 3 extra fast passes a day which came in handy during our very busy park days. Later, I found out that most members got Disney dollars and the fast passes. :sad2: Our last stay was in April of 2021. I remember thinking that it needed refurb then. They went into great detail to inform us of their Covid cleaning practices. I remember looking next to the sofa, where the floor lamp was. It was apparent that area had not seen a vacuum in months, let alone Covid cleaning protocols. I did not complain, but I should have. We own all our points at BRV, I guess I should be emailing and asking for an explanation. I wonder if they think since they were shut down for a little while if they have the right to push the refurb off? I'm pretty sure we still paid all our dues during that time. I get the world was so afraid of Covid, but it's sad they couldn't have employed people to do these refurbs while the resort was shut down and so much could have been accomplished. That's just hindsight though, so I know it's a worthless thought now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter