• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When would you go?

dledger

Mouseketeer
Looking to start planning our next trip and thinking about a general timeline. We are a family of 3- 1 kid who will be 6.5 at the time. Not first timers but first time school attendance is a factor and youth sports (baseball). I am not against pulling from school but prefer to maximize time if we do. THat being said, we want to try and avoid the “major” vacation weeks if we can. We are thinking between January- May. We’ve been in the first two weeks of May twice, and coming from the northeast we like that little boost of summer. When would you go in 2025 with Easter so late? I was thinking maybe beginning of march or our usual may?

Our recommendation would be anytime after MLK weekend in Jan, up until, but before President's Day weekend in Feb. Something to be aware - since Easter is later, it also means Mardi Gras is later. With Mardi Gras the first week of March in 2025, there's a chance the crowds are larger that week. At least Mardi Gras week has been pretty busy in the past. Late Jan can be a pretty nice break from the cold and snow in the northeast - it's why we go at that time!! So perhaps either late Jan or your usual May timeframe.

I’m a big fan of early May and have long recommended that time period. Early or late February can be nice too (avoid the Presidents’ Day weekend unless you’re strategically using it as part of a school holiday trip; the same applies to the MLK weekend). The weather in January and February is the wild card. We’ve been lucky there most of the time, but once we almost wished we had stayed home in PA…almost. ;) We found March to be too crowded, although we had nice weather. We loved late April too, although it will be a bit tricky with Easter being late next year. Personally I would stay with May, although it can be fun to mix it up and try something new. Good luck planning!

Our recommendation would be anytime after MLK weekend in Jan, up until, but before President's Day weekend in Feb. Something to be aware - since Easter is later, it also means Mardi Gras is later. With Mardi Gras the first week of March in 2025, there's a chance the crowds are larger that week. At least Mardi Gras week has been pretty busy in the past. Late Jan can be a pretty nice break from the cold and snow in the northeast - it's why we go at that time!! So perhaps either late Jan or your usual May timeframe.
Good call out with Mardi Gras. It truly wouldn’t have crossed my mind.

I’m a big fan of early May and have long recommended that time period. Early or late February can be nice too (avoid the Presidents’ Day weekend unless you’re strategically using it as part of a school holiday trip; the same applies to the MLK weekend). The weather in January and February is the wild card. We’ve been lucky there most of the time, but once we almost wished we had stayed home in PA…almost. ;) We found March to be too crowded, although we had nice weather. We loved late April too, although it will be a bit tricky with Easter being late next year. Personally I would stay with May, although it can be fun to mix it up and try something new. Good luck planning!
We did south Florida this year for Presidents’ Day and I don’t know that I would pick to travel that time again. The weather like you said, being a wild card, is what pushes me towards May. At least if it rains, it’ll be warm and raining.

My favorite has also always been early May. Did Mardi Gras once (unintentionally) and would never do that time again. We also like pools, so May has more consistency with warm weather!

Looking to start planning our next trip and thinking about a general timeline. We are a family of 3- 1 kid who will be 6.5 at the time. Not first timers but first time school attendance is a factor and youth sports (baseball). I am not against pulling from school but prefer to maximize time if we do. THat being said, we want to try and avoid the “major” vacation weeks if we can. We are thinking between January- May. We’ve been in the first two weeks of May twice, and coming from the northeast we like that little boost of summer. When would you go in 2025 with Easter so late? I was thinking maybe beginning of march or our usual may?
We'd do May. We've done the first week of March before and it can be cold/windy and busy. The first week or 2 of May is my ideal time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter