When you buy AKL are you buying Jambo OR Kidani?

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
Are the points universal to the resort or are they specific? If they're specific, is the 11 month reservation opening only at one or the other?

They are for both... when booking online make sure you select both or where you want to stay... Kidani is preselected for me and I always uncheck and click Jambo :)

I own at AKV and my deed says I own at AKV-Kidani. However I book Jambo at 11 months, I pay the same MFs per point as some one who's deed says they own at Jambo, and of course when I'm there I can use the resort facilities at both Jambo and Kidani.

I own one contract at Jambo House and one contract at Kidani. Makes not a bit of difference. Just like the fact that I own at Poly, and my deed probably specifies that my actual ownership is in one particular building, perhaps Tokelau. But I can stay in all the other DVC buildings at Poly, too.

The only tricky thing is that the reservation program will list them both separately, so you need to check both. The one you own will be automatically checked when you search, but you also need to scroll down the list of resorts and put a check next to the other building. When they pop up, book either one, at 11 months, or any other time.

It's one condo association. But your physical piece will be in only one building.

Both are the same points. You buy AK points, they are home resort points for both AK-K and AK-J.
Wow. I didn't know this I thought I only had 11mo window at one. No one ever told me this and I never tried doing both!

Had the same question when we purchased AKL. Your purchase will state either Jambo or Kidani, but you can reserve at either at 11 months.

If you review your deed, you should notice that it actually does not mention Jambo or Kidani. Instead, you are deeded an undivided interest in "Animal Kingdom Villas, a leasehold condominium, according to the Declaration of Condominium thereof...." The Declarations referred to show in Exhibit A that the "Animal Kingdom Villas" consist of the combination of the Jambo and Kidani buildings.

Our deed specifically states Jambo House and we purchased resale.
The actual deed on the comptroller site? We own two AKV contracts. One direct, one resale. Neither deed on the comptroller site specified which resort, just a percentage of a specific unit number that we own.
On the DVC website our contract info specifies the building we own at.

The resale contract may have been from when only Jambo was available, it was about year or so later that Kidani came along.

The technical name has always been Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas though. I would not think that any deeds would have a building name but should reference a unit #. Off to search on ours.....

FYI - we've had 4 AKV contracts - 3 bought direct, 1 resale. And sold 2 of them. No deed whether direct or resale has ever had the building name - only the official name - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and the unit number. Our contracts have been both in Kidani and Jambo and since I didn't know what units were where by the number I only learned what building from the member website.

Last edited:
If someone's deed has a Unit number but no building name: Units 1 through 56 are in Jambo House. I don't know the actual range of Unit numbers for Kidani but anything above 56 would be in Kidani.

If someone's deed has a Unit number but no building name: Units 1 through 56 are in Jambo House. I don't know the actual range of Unit numbers for Kidani but anything above 56 would be in Kidani.

We had 65 and I think 102 in Kidani. 21 in Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter