Where can I buy fresh fruit & vegies, bread, etc outside Disneyland??

annz53

Grandma earning my ears
Greetings fellow planners ;)
We are planning to return to the Hotel for lunch and naps. Where can I buy the essentials for healthy wraps/sandwichs, etc outside Disneyland? I should also mention the fact that we will have no car. Many thanks

Where are you staying? I've purchased from a few locations for basics, knowing where you are will help out a bit.

Where are you staying? I've purchased from a few locations for basics, knowing where you are will help out a bit.

Oops, forgot to mention that we are opposite the Disneyland entrance ... apparently 4mins and we will be inside the magical place ... can't wait to see the grandkids faces and hear their comments. Thank you

I did a bit of research as I am interested in getting some supplies at both Disneyland and Disneyworld and we too will not have a car. At Disneyland you can shop online at vons.com before you go and they will deliver it to your hotel.

Also there is a 7/11 store approx 5 mins walk on the corner of South Harbor Blvd and Katella.

There's a convenience supermarket right next to the Candy Cane Inn (I think it's a 7-11 from memory) but without a car you're going to find this difficult as there's no Coles/Woolies type shops within reasonable walking distance. An alternative is probably to try grocery delivery (eg Von's) - just make sure your room has a fridge large enough to handle the load as required. The hotel itself could probably assist if tiny email or phone them.

I did a bit of research as I am interested in getting some supplies at both Disneyland and Disneyworld and we too will not have a car. At Disneyland you can shop online at vons.com before you go and they will deliver it to your hotel. Also there is a 7/11 store approx 5 mins walk on the corner of South Harbor Blvd and Katella.

I think I read on the disneyland board that Von's don't accept foreign credit cards for payment. Has anyone tried this?

I think I read on the disneyland board that Von's don't accept foreign credit cards for payment. Has anyone tried this?

I am not sure about this but a solution could be to get the amex travel card at the post office, it is free and to transfer money onto it costs nothing if you do it at the post office. We did this for our last trip and I am currently loading it up now for our next one, especially as the dollar is looking ok at the moment. We have two cards, one is my spending money :cheer2: and the other is food, tips and out of pocket expenses etc that I could not prepay. It worked out great because it is already in US$ and you do not get the fees that some banks put on your card each time you purchase a product (as those fees add up)

I have only tried the greengrocer in Orlando, but food products was great and prices reasonable. Good luck and happy planning:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter