WHere can I find the cabins?? Also need some camping help...

megnsamsgrace

Mouseketeer
I am looking all over WDW website and can not find these cabins :( ALso, I am insistant on staying onsite for a few nites to give my kids the magic of it (we are staying at an offsite condo for 2 weeks at $475). I am thinking that i have a friend who lives in FL, works at Disney nonetheless who has some camping supplies we could borrow. There are 7 of us so even using the AP rate at AS would be $120 a nite, vs the savings of camping for 3 nites, I am thinking the beginning of our trip because it would put us into the last day of value season. What does everyone think? We love camping... but we will have a 6, 4, 2 and 2mo old.. so not sure its wise?? Thanks! STeph

Here's a link to the official Disney site on FW cabins:
FW Cabins

And, here's a link to Disney Campers' site - where he has some nice cabin pictures and other FW information!
Disney Campers' Web site

I think camping in tents with 4 small children would be very hard - but people do it! It would be easier in a camper, or in a cabin. We always camped with our son in a tent when he was little, but there was just one of him! LOL!

Just gotta say, even thinking about camping with kids that small makes you braver than me. :eek:

Actually, we have camped with our kids literally since my son was born, although we used a pop up camper to start with. Lots of great camping memories. Good luck!

:earsboy:

that with all the hassle of either bringing our own stuff down (we are flying) or getting together with my friend at the right time to borrow hers is probably not worth the savings... we cant pack everything for "comfort" that we would need... I guess maybe a cabin is the nice choice... I am thinking that in October during value season the cabin should be about $144?? Is that right? Or a room with bunk bed/queen bed should be about $129? In the lodge?? Any other suggestions? DH said we will drive down next year and stay 2 weeks with our own camper, this year I am not driving from CT to FL with a newborn just to stop every 2-3 hours to nurse... but camping looks like SOOO much fun! We love to camp... we have 5 weekends planned for this summer... but being pregnant we are staying close to home... Steph

The Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness are two different places.

I would pick Ft. Wilderness cabins with the kids because there's so much for them to do there! THey would love the campfire program and the petting farm and the pony rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter