Where can we get a great breakfast??

MartDM

DIS Veteran
Where can DH & I go for a great breakfast on our last AM in Orlando??

Last year we were at WDW and went to Spoodle's buffet (which was fabulous) but I understand that isn't available any longer. This year we'll be at Discovery Cove/SW and are open to suggestions anywhere in Orlando or WDW property.

Please share your recommendations for places you've had really good breakfasts...it's traditionally our "last hurrah" before we head further south to visit his parents so we like to make it count! Thanks!

On our last trip, we hit the breakfast buffet at Sizzler, Ponderosa, Golden Corral, etc. However, we all agreed that we liked the BOB EVANS restaurant the best. It is breakfast served southern style. Since we are from the northeast, we thought the food was different and quite tasty...

Thanks for the suggestions. We really like Bob Evans too but, since we have one in town, we'd probably want to try something different.

Can you elaborate on the AKL restaurant and what the breakfast offerings are? Is it a buffet? Ala carte? Regional cooking? etc.

Thanks!

Only two people on this board have had a great breakfast?? That's sad :D

Come on...please share your breakfast experiences!! Thanks!

We always go to Dennys for the Grand Slam breakfast.

thats funny. I do not consider Bob Evans as "southern" sicne Floridia is the only southern state I know of that has them. I love eating there and I wait not so patiently to stop at one every time we head up north. I wish osmeone here would have a chicken salad plate that compared to theirs.

If you are going to be in the Sea world area, go up International Drive, just past the Convention Center. You will find the Embassy Suites. They have a great complimentary breakfast buffet! Cooked to order eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, fruit, pastries, breads and much more!
Have fun!

It's only complimentary if you are a hotel guest. I agree that their breakfast offerings are wonderful but unless you have paid for a room there, partaking in the buffet would be theft. Since we're not staying at Embassy Suites, we would not be entitled to pursue this option.

Boma at AKL would be an excellent choice....they have everything you could possibly imagine, all the regular breakfast foods and then they put the african specialties on top of that...all the breads, meats, it is wonderful.

The service is excellent as well!

Allow yourself some extra time to look around the lodge and check out the animals. It is a great place to wind down before leaving disney property!

Enjoy!

Try Artist Pointe @ Disney's Wilderness Lodge
We ended our 10 day WDW vacation last spring there. It was fabulous! You must make ressies thru Disney. Request a table at the window for a view overlooking the pool, Old Faithful and the lake. It's a beautiful sight. Breakfast was served to your table, price was moderate, around $28 for two, they also had a Pooh Character breakfast for the kids, but it was entertainment. If you have never been to DWL you must be sure to take the opportunity to check it out. You will be extremely impressed! Best of Luck!!!:D

Disney has cancelled a lot of character breakfasts at WDW parks and resorts, as well as closing restaurants for breakfast (i.e. Tony's in MK). Unfortunately, the character breakfast at Artist Point has been stopped. :(

Sharon

MartDM,

I don't know whether you are interested in changing your reservation, but I've stayed at the Embassy Suites/Convention Center location. Their breakfasts are the best I've ever had in Orlando. The grill will prepare omelets or anything else you want. The buffet is fully stocked, and the dining area is very scenic (trees, plants, streams, etc.).

This may sound funny, but my all-time favorite breakfast spot is...(drum roll please :D ) The Waffle House. I absolutely LOVE this place. I am from CT and everytime we go to FL, we have to eat at The Waffle House!!! It has "diner" atmosphere and when you walk in the door the waitstaff (with a pot of coffee in hand) "yells" at you, from behind the counter, to sit in an open booth. The food is inexpensive and good. If you go, you MUST get the pecan waffles, they are out of this world.
My husband and I had our first breakfast as a married couple at a Waffle House in FL (10 years ago). The coffee is really good also.
Just my opinion, thought I would share.
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter