Where did you eat???

I'm not sure I can remember everything, but I will try!

We were on the 'free' dining plan last Sept. It was myself, my 2 boys, my infant daughter and my parents. DH couldn't make it.

We were at POFQ for 6 nights.

The first night we just ate at the food court. I think we got burgers, chicken strips, 2 sides of fruit for dessert, 1 cookie to share, 3 juices/milks/bottle of water and I bought the refillable mug for soda. When we ate at the food court, we would often share the soda or 1 thing of milk, and take the other milk or juice back to the room to stash in the fridge for breakfast the next day.

The next day we had 50's Prime Time for lunch. I think the adult appetizers we chose were the: shrimp cocktail, onion rings and soup. The kids had carrots/dip. The entrees the adults chose were seafood pasta, 2 fried chicken platters. The boys had chicken strips. For dessert we had the cobbler, the smores, a milkshake and the boys had build your own sundaes. We almost always just took a few bites of desserts (sharing) and did not even come close to finishing them.

Dinner was I believe at Cosmic Rays- we had burgers, salads, the boys had a burger (we ordered my 8 year old a burger off the adult menu since they didn't have kid's burgers- no one cared) and chicken nuggets. We got carrots vs. fries. Or maybe almost everyone got carrots and 1 order of fries, just to have a few. I think there was sugar free brownies (OK- not super) or carrot cake for dessert. I don't think we ate it, but they give it to you regardless.

Sunday- I think we went to Epcot this day and had the Japan counter service for lunch. The adults had the chicken/beef/shrimp combo. It was just ok. The shrimp was a bit cold (tempura shrimp- 1) and the beef was kind of a shredded beef. The dessert was a red bean chocolate cake, kinda dry. The boys had teriyaki chicken and veggies- basically steamed peas and carrots. This was not something I would seek out to repeat, but not horrible either.

For dinner we went to Cape May Cafe- this was a miss. Disjointed, crowded, not putting food out quickly enough- cold pizza for kids that wasn't cut properly...this was the one meal that was a disappointment and I wouldn't do again any time soon. I had eaten there two times before and enjoyed it. It's a buffet, so there's a whole ton of different foods.

Monday- I think we went to AK this day and had Tusker House for lunch. HUGE THUMBS UP here- great food, great service (the cashier helped me find a table with my trays, etc). The boys and I had the fried chicken sandwich (again, not a problem ordering off the adult menu- the kids' items did NOT appeal to them- I didn't seek out to do this to get the most of my points or anything- it just ended up what the kids wanted to eat). We had 2 sides of grapes and 1 slice of chocolate cake for dessert. Loved having the fruit as an option. My dad had the salad and mom the salmon. Everyone thought the food was A+. The cake was so rich and yummy.

For dinner we ate at Marrakesh. Food was good. Ambience is LOUD, esp while music is playing. Don't go if you have the edge of a headache! I can't remember what we all had- I think I had the chicken appetizer, dad had the beef rolls, mom the salad....I know I had the beef kabobs for dinner & I think both of my parents had the lamb shank. Different sorts of crepes for dessert, although my mom's came out with the ice cream completely melted. Good service. The boys had a burger and chicken strips.

Tuesday- we had lunch at Pecos bills. I had a salad; DS8 had a burger (he's a burger fiend- I Don't understand why WDW doesn't put burgers on their CS kid's menus!); DS4 had franks and beans. I'm not sure what my parents ate (probably the salads) because they sat at another table because DS4 had a MELTDOWN while I was ordering the franks and beans- he said he didn't want them, wanted chicken....then he takes a bite of them and says, "OH! I LIKE this!" Yeah. Good times.The peanut butter brownie is SO GOOD here! Loved it! Want another on!

Dinner- Whispering Canyon Cafe. We all got the skillet. It's great food! Well, the boys had PBJ and a hot dog. For dessert I got some chocolate marshmellow thing which wasn't all that great. Mom got the apple pie which she was swooning over. I can't remember what my dad got.

Wednesday- the men ate lunch at the food court at POFQ. Mom and I had Earl of Sandwich at Dtd- very good sandwiches! And reasonable. Almost silly to use a CS credit on them, but whatever- only $5 for any sandwich! I can't wait to eat here again!

Dinner- Cinderella's castle- a LONG wait,e ven with an ADR. I had the filet and it was pretty good. I had a salad to start. Dad had shrimp cocktail and mom seafood spring rolls. They both had the prime rib. I loved the pretzel bread rolls here. DS8 had pretzel dogs, and DS4 had chicken strips. For dessert I think I had chocolate cake, mom creme brulee and dad sorbet. A nice meal! This was before it was a character dinner.

Thursday- lunch at SciFi. A fun atmosphere. Decent food. I had the onion rings and a burger. Dad had a salad and a sandwich. Mom had the spinach dip and a burger. Kids had hot dogs I think. For dessert mom got a sundae, me the cheesecake (tooooo rich- only ate a bite or two) and dad the moon pie.

Let's see... This is going all the way back to last May, so I'll see if I can remember!

There were 4 of us (2 adults & 2 children). We stayed for 6 nights, so we had 24 TS credits, 24 CS credits, & 24 snack credits.

ARRIVAL EVENING (Sunday)

Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK - The food is served family-style. We had turkey, roast beef, ham, mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans, mac & cheese, Declaration Salad (yummy!), rolls w/ honey butter, & apple cobbler w/ ice cream. We loved this meal!! The food was great, the setting was nice, & the character interaction (Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, & Dale) were wonderful! We're eating at LTT again this June for our first night.

We used 4 TS credits. (24 - 4 = 20)

EPCOT DAY (Monday)

Breakfast - Cereal & Poptarts in our FW cabin.

Lunch - Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavillion in Future World at EPCOT - I had the beef flatbread w/ mixed greens. DH had the chicken flatbread w/ mixed greens. DD & DS had the chicken leg w/ mashed potatoes, carrots, & applesauce. DH & I liked our meals fine - although, the meat was a little cool. DD & DS gobbled up their chicken legs & apple sauce but didn't like the potatoes & carrots - they said the carrots were too cold & decided that, on this particular day, they didn't like mashed potatoes. For dessert, DH & I both had some kind of fruit souffle-y thing which was yummy! And DD & DS loved their dirt cup sundaes.

We used 4 CS credits (24 - 4 = 20)

Dinner - Princess Storybook Dinner at Akershus in Norway in the World Showcase at EPCOT - I had the Pasta Akershus. DH had the Poached Cod. DS had the children's hot dog. DD had the children's PB & J uncrustable. To be honest, this meal was a huge let-down for us. The appetizer plate was just okay. My pasta was sticky, & the marinara sauce was dried out. DH's fish was cold. The desserts were wonderful though. I think the menu has changed since last year, and, after reading PrincessAurora's review of this restaurant, I'd be willing to give it another try. We really enjoyed the setting - quite lovely. And the character interaction (Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, & Jasmine) was good too. This year, we're trying breakfast at Akershus.

We used 4 TS credits. (20 - 4 = 16)

MK DAY (Tuesday)

Breakfast - Cereal & Poptarts in our FW cabin

Lunch - Crystal Palace in MK - This is a buffet, and it was our favorite buffet! So yummy!! The buffet has all the traditional buffet items but also has a wide selection of non-traditional choices too - spoon bread, frittata, carrot soup, corn pudding, etc. Sooo good!!! The desserts were wonderful! And there were plenty of choices for the kids too. I loved the mandarin orange salad dressing. The restaurant is so pretty, and the character interaction (Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, & Piglet) was good too - although, we had to wait quite a bit on Pooh to make it to our table. We have a lunch scheduled here again this year.

We paid OOP - no TS credits used.

Dinner - Columbia Harbour House in MK (I think!) - This was our 2nd favorite counter service! The seating upstairs is so nice & relaxing! I had the fried fish (I think). DH had the sandwich w/ the broccoli slaw (I think). And DD & DS had the children's chicken w/ grapes & cheese crackers. The apple pie for dessert was very good.

We used 4 CS credits (20 - 4 = 16)

MGM DAY (Wednesday)

Breakfast - Trail's End at FW - This was a buffet w/ typical breakfast selections. The Mickey waffles were good. The fruit was fresh. The restaurant wasn't crowded at all, and we had a really good server. The setting was nice too. The kids were given coloring pages & crayons. Trail's End is probably one of the best values at WDW.

We paid OOP - no TS credits used.

Lunch - Toy Story Pizza Planet at MGM - Our kids love Toy Story, so we had to try this counter service. It gets mixed reviews, but, surprisingly, we found it okay - about what we expected for counter service pizza. We got 4 pizzas w/ 4 salads. The desserts were Mickey rice krispie treats. I wish the restaurant looked more like the restaurant on the movie, but we plan to eat here again this year.

We used 4 CS credits (16 - 4 = 12)

Dinner - Hollywood & Vine at MGM - We ate here for our FDP, and this was our most disappointing meal! The buffet items were typical buffet items - some of the food looked "dried out". The restaurant was crowded & noisy, and the tables were extremely close together. This year, we're trying Mama Melrose's for our FDP.

We used 4 TS credits (16 - 4 = 12)

AK DAY (Thursday)

Breakfast - Cereal & Poptarts in our FW cabin

Lunch - Flame Tree BBQ at AK - This was our favorite counter service (& my DH's favorite restaurant)! Yummy!! DH had the BBQ ribs w/ baked beans & corn. I had the BBQ sandwich w/ baked beans. We shared some French Fries. For dessert, DH had a piece of key lime pie, and I had chocolate cake! (We weren't sure our kids would like the food at Flame Tree, so we stopped at Restaurantasauras & got 2 Happy Meals for them - chicken nuggets, french fries, & apple juice. The Happy Meals came w/ cute dinosaur squirt guns.) The seating by the water at Flame Tree is so lovely & relaxing. The character barge floated by while we were eating which was fun too.

We used 4 CS credits (12 - 4 = 8) & paid OOP for our side of French fries

Dinner - Boma at the AKL - Very wonderful buffet w/ lots of fun, exotic selections but still enough for the pickier eaters from which to choose. I tried an African soup which was amazing! I also like some kind of tomato dish, and the Zebra Domes were divine! There was also steak & potatoes on the buffet & children's selections like mac & cheese & chicken tenders. My kids loved all the fresh fruit & the different African breads. The AKL is gorgeous! And I wish I could work Boma into our dining plans this year!

We used 4 TS credits (12 - 4 = 8) & paid OOP for a pressed pot of coffee

MK/EPCOT DAY (Friday)

Breakfast - CRT in MK - I was so excited about this meal! And it was as wonderful as I'd hoped! The breakfast was served pre-plated. The stuffed French toast was really good. The kids enjoyed their fruit & French toast sticks. The setting, of course, was just perfect! The characters (Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Snow White, & Wendy), though a little rushed, were good too. (The Fairy Godmother was in the lobby.) Snow White was wonderful - our DS fell in love! :love: This year, we're trying lunch.

We used 4 TS credits (8 - 4 = 4)

Lunch - Columbia Harbour House in MK - Yes, we ate here twice, but it was really good! The kids & DH had the same things as before. I tried the fried chicken tenders this time.

We used 4 CS credits (8 - 4 = 4)

Dinner - 'Ohana at the Poly - I'm so upset that they changed the menu here! We loved the rice! I also really loved the salad dressing! And the pineapple w/ caramel sauce for dessert was perfect! I liked the turkey & steak - can't remember much about the rest of the food. We waited forever to get a table by the window, but the view was worth it. The server didn't, at first, want to bring us something different for the kids, but he eventually brought some hot dogs & French fries. He made up for it by bringing them about 10 of the little drink umbrellas.

We used 4 TS credits (4 - 4 = 0)

DEPARTURE DAY (Saturday)

Breakfast - Chef Mickey's at the CR - Good buffet w/ typical breakfast items. I loved the Mickey waffles. We were sad because we were leaving, so nothing else really stands out in my mind. All the characters (Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, & Dale) except Mickey, who was very rushed, were good. CM's is a great restaurant w/ a very fun atmosphere. We're eating here for breakfast on our last day again this year.

We paid OOP.

Lunch - Earl of Sandwich at DTD - Yummy, yummy sandwiches! Very quick service! I had the BBQ ham sandwich. DH had the tuna melt. DD had the PB & J, and DS had the turkey w/ cheese. We plan to return this year.

We used 4 CS credits (4 - 4 = 0)

We also ate various snacks, but we ended up w/ about 8 snack credits left. So, after we ate at Chef Mickey's we stopped at the food court at the CR & bought some bottles of water & some Mickey rice krispie treats.

And, at some point during our stay, we grilled hot dogs & brats at our cabin, but I can't remember what day or when - because, at the end, we'd used all of our TS & CS credits & we had eaten twice at Columbia Harbour House... so I'm not sure... LOL!

At any rate, we really enjoyed our meals & the dining plan!

I just booked a trip to go with my mom again in May and we plan on going to Chefs de France, le Cellier, 50's Prime Time and Whispering Canyon this next trip! I'll let you know what we ate when we come back! :teeth:

And I know Tusker House and Pecos Bills are on our list to do again for CS. And probably Earl of Sandwich too! :thumbsup2

wow thanks for the great reviews! Alice28 we are going to WDW for mothers day too! What are you doing for mothers day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter