Where did your 2 year old sleep?

NinePoundLemon

Earning My Ears
We just got back from WDW and my 15 month old son slept in a pack n play. We'll be going back when he's 2, and I know for sure he will be too big for the pack n play. Not sure if we would be comfortable with bed rails unless they run the entire length of the bed, because as of right now he moves all over the place in his sleep. Curious where other 2 year old's sleep when at Disney!

In a bed. With our first son, we used bed rails. With the twins, I think we used a pool noodle under the fitted sheet. We also kind of move cushions and pillows around so there is no hard fall if they roll out of bed. (although that never happened to us at Disney).

This is interesting! I am not trying to hijack your thread...but my daughter just turned 2 and is still in her crib at home and has never tried to get out (yet). She's on the petite side though...I had requested her the pack and play at the resort, maybe I should go for the rails as well? We go to Disney in late July.

In Feb he slept with DH and DD slept with me. We stayed at Poly and we stuck in a bunch of pillows between the nightstand and bed to keep him from falling.

Depends on where you are staying. At 2, my son still slept in a pack n play at Disney bc the queen beds at CBR were too big for him, and the murphy bed was too high off the ground. He was so tired that he was fine in the pack n play.

At 3, we did a split stay between OKW and the Polynesian Villas. At OKW he slept in a queen size bed with rails. The rails stretched almost the entire length of the bed, and he was absolutely fine. At the Poly, the murphy bed was perfect bc it was so close to the ground.

My daughter will be 18 months on our trip this summer and will sleep in a pack n play. We're planning another trip for August of 2019, and our daughter will be 2 1/2. For that trip, unless she is as amenable to being in the pack n plan as my son was, we'll likely either rent a crib from an offsite baby rental place (that's what we do when we visit relatives in Sarasota), or if we stay in a resort that has low-to-the-ground murphy beds (the POR resorts maybe?) she can just sleep there.

My son is 2 and we are traveling next week (though not to Disney). I bought foam bed rails that go under the sheets to take along and plan to use these on the second bed in the room.

The last time we traveled was a year ago and he was in a crib then. He is in a toddler bed now and I’m afraid he would balk at the idea of being put in a crib (and he’s way too big for a pack n play), so we’ve made alternate arrangemdnts. Hope it works out.

We just got back from WDW and my 15 month old son slept in a pack n play. We'll be going back when he's 2, and I know for sure he will be too big for the pack n play. Not sure if we would be comfortable with bed rails unless they run the entire length of the bed, because as of right now he moves all over the place in his sleep. Curious where other 2 year old's sleep when at Disney!

Our son slept in the bed between DH and I, just like he did at home.

We are taking our son fir his second birthday over labor day. He is a light sleeper and will NOT cuddle or sleep in our bed no matter what i try. He sleeps terribly in a pack in play but fine in a crib . He flops around so much when he sleeps I think he is going to be in college before he is ready for a bed. When we travel (including a trip over Easter to Scotland) he has slept in a pack in play. We went to wdw last Easter and i requested a crib and got a pack and play. He slept awful. This trip I used a travel agent and she confirmed with the poly that they do have some cribs and put in a request for us. If we don't get it I'm going to give the pack and play one night then I'm going to request rails and put him in the Murphy bed. If that doesn't work I might consider renting a crib from am outside company but after busting my vacation budget with the poly I hope it doesn't come to that.

We used the pack n play until our kids were about 3.

My youngest insisted on still sleeping in it when he was 3.5. He was a bit squished, but it didn't bother him. It was fine with me because, by kid #3, I had learned to pick my battles.

We transition our kids out of the crib and into regular twin beds at home before age 2 (We did my daughter at 19 months and my son at 20 months and both were super easy, no issues). We've found that they've both rolled out a time or two the first couple of weeks and then it hasn't happened again. They don't have bed rails at home, and we don't get them when we travel. Ha, my assumption is that their bodies just learned but I have no idea.

On our last Disneyland trip, our daughter was 2 (closer to 3, though) and she slept in the other queen in the room. It was a lot higher up than her bed at home but she never rolled out.

Our littlest will be a bit shy of 18 months for our next trip so assuming we'll have to do a pack n play then, unless he's already switched to his twin at home, or put him in bed with us. The 2 year old and 4 year old will share the other queen. If we ended up with a room with a murphy bed, I'd probably put him there since they look pretty close to the ground.

In our bed. If it’s not a Queen or if we are traveling without my husband, I’ll share with my 13 year old with the toddler in the middle. If it’s a Queen my husband and I have plenty of room with the toddler in between us so she can’t roll out. We’ve done this dozens of times with all 3 of our kids.

We started going when our girls were a year and and a half and 2 and a half years old. We just put them together in the other bed in the room and put a bunch of pillows on either side in case one of them fell out of bed. No issues, no one fell. Went back a year later and every year since. They are now 16 and 17 and they still sleep together, neither has ever fallen out of the bed in all of our trips. I mean they sleep in a normal bed at home even at that age they were too big for the crib and they were in a toddler bed.

For her 2nd birthday trip she slept in bed with me.... We had a toddler air mattress that had like a padding around it... almost like a pool lol but with a toddler size air mattress inside? When she fell asleep I moved her to that... I needed my space and she's wiggly! for her trip when she was 3.5 ... we stayed at All Star Sports and had 2 double beds---- and she slept with me : )

If you're driving, and travel often, a good option is an inflatable "toddler" mattress. My son calls this the "boat bed" and he loves it. He's 4 now, but we've had it since he turned 3 and have used it at hotels, condos, and relatives' houses. I think we got ours at Walmart, but here it is on Amazon. It was definitely cheaper at Walmart.

https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Kids-T...765105&sr=8-4&keywords=inflatable+toddler+bed
Mine are way past this stage now but we used something very similar alot! Traveling to grandparents, vacation (we have a timeshare) etc it was awesome.
I cannot sleep with my kids-we all need our own space and they were often waaayyy to wiggly to sleep with-I need MY sleep as well. Even now-I have a travel camping self inflating mattress (super light weight and compact) that I will toss into car if we are driving just in case we need an extra sleep surface...

We rented a toddler bed from an off-site company. It was delivered to our resort and brought to our room by bell services. It was great.

DD2 slept with DH in a queen at POR and DD1 slept with me in the other queen. DD1 was 6 and DD2 was 2.5, and they had both been sleeping in a bed, though DD2 was in a toddler bed at home. So since this was her first try at sleeping high off the floor, we packed a pool noodle in the suitcase to put under the fitted sheet. Not sure if she needed it, but she didnt roll out of bed, so all was well. This time we will have a 10 month old so she will definitely be in a pack and play for this trip and the girls will share a bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter