Where do DVCers vacation … outside of DVC?

Myrtle Beach SC but only if you stay north of 79th …. Kingston Plantation is our go to, very Disneyesque landscaping
We are very fond of MB. Have never had a bad visit, knowing to avoid congested downtown area beaches. We’ve done the area near Kingston. Prefer a bit south, the golden mile area. Mostly residential, very quiet. OF condo place we frequent lately is next to one of the few stretches of beach where you can put up a beach canopy (sun ninja sort) during high season & not get hassled by lifeguards.

We’ve been making up for lost time cruising. :) Did our share of DCL with the kids & GD. Now, we are enjoying RCCL. The oasis ships are just perfect for us. Primarily, Caribbean. Hawaii and Alaska ones were fun. Panama Canal on bucket list

Combined with DVC stays, enjoy split trips, spending time staying on-site at Universal/the beach, St Pete’s or Ormond a time or three each year

Vegas, LA/anaheim are favorites, as well as visiting amusement parks within a few hours from home

Hoping for good weather to finally see a full eclipse in Erie in less than a month. Clouds & rain, stay away! It’s a nice little town with pretty beach on Presque isle we visit there to get the sand between our toes a couple times every summer

Last year was Poland and France. The year before was St Augustine and Savannah. This year I’m planning for Greece and Scotland. Next year New Orleans and somewhere international, maybe Peru. We try to alternate the US and international destinations.

This year we are doing Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Last year we did San Diego (add-on to a Disneyland Trip), year before that we did Madeira Beach, Florida. We have a Disney cruise coming up in June, and planning for an all-inclusive island style vacation next year.

I live in London and I love to travel internationally. So I've been to Los Angeles, Orlando, Paris, Tokyo, Shangai and planning to go to Hong Kong this Fall. You might find something in common in those locations :rotfl2:

Of course I love to do mini breaks in Europe and travel by train whenever possible.

We travel to Williamsburg (Busch Gardens) and OBX frequently since we are in VA and they are close to home. In 2023 we went to Gatlinburg, TN (loved)and NYC(would go back for a short trip dinner and show but that's it). At the request of my oldest daughter we are trying to incorporate new places into our travel at least once per year. 2024 will be Charleston to visit a college and Orlando for a dance convention (at the DW Dolphin lol). Disney/Universal are still my favorite, but Disney's pricing will be keeping me at ticketed events or resort only stays for a while I think. Maybe a Hawaii trip or Greece cruise in 2025.

We travel to Williamsburg (Busch Gardens) and OBX frequently since we are in VA and they are close to home. In 2023 we went to Gatlinburg, TN (loved)and NYC(would go back for a short trip dinner and show but that's it). At the request of my oldest daughter we are trying to incorporate new places into our travel at least once per year. 2024 will be Charleston to visit a college and Orlando for a dance convention (at the DW Dolphin lol). Disney/Universal are still my favorite, but Disney's pricing will be keeping me at ticketed events or resort only stays for a while I think. Maybe a Hawaii trip or Greece cruise in 2025.
Any Gatlinburg tips? We are heading there in a couple of weeks for 5 days:

Rented a cabin...Tentative plans are 2 days at Dollywood/Pigeon Forge...eating at Aunt Granny's and the Old Mill and walking around the Island...we have a day in Gatlinburg doing Crocketts for breakfast and Anakeesta and then another day doing Smoky Mountain National Park and Driving out to Cades Cove. We have Hatfield and McCoys dinner show booked as well. Anything we are missing or maybe not worth it that we listed?

We head to Curaçao for three weeks in Feb, we own at the Royal Sea Aquarium resort, a timeshare we bought twenty years ago. There's only thirty-two-bedroom villas so it's really small and we know so many owners it's like going to visit old friends. We've also started to take cruises out of Boston, going to Bermuda in May, but I seem to look forward to our Disney stays the most.

Love Finger Lakes …. Where do you visit up there? Penn Yan Keuka/Seneca for us
We normally stay in Watkins Glen, but visit all the lakes (and many, many wineries :)). We had lunch in Penn Yan last year and thought that little town was just delightful. We are thinking about staying around there the next time. We also usually go to Corning for a day - visit the glass museum and have lunch.

Ahh - the Finger Lakes in fall are just hard to beat.

Any Gatlinburg tips? We are heading there in a couple of weeks for 5 days:

Rented a cabin...Tentative plans are 2 days at Dollywood/Pigeon Forge...eating at Aunt Granny's and the Old Mill and walking around the Island...we have a day in Gatlinburg doing Crocketts for breakfast and Anakeesta and then another day doing Smoky Mountain National Park and Driving out to Cades Cove. We have Hatfield and McCoys dinner show booked as well. Anything we are missing or maybe not worth it that we listed?
Your plan is so great that I may use it myself one day. Lol. If you like country music Jason Aldean’s rooftop bar in Gatlinburg is fun. You’re going to the national park so I assume you’re going to do a walking/hiking trail. If not, then you should and pick one with a waterfall. It’s beautiful but freezing cold water.

Our last few trips have been to Sweden, Costa Rica, Italy, & the BVI. We're not cruisers or campers. We also are not into all inclusive resorts. We enjoy renting a car & checking out a different country with our kids, finding hiking trails and historical sites to visit. Curious explorers, I guess. We're based in S. FL so Disney is our "easy" weekend getaway.

We camp for most of our non-DVC trips, usually locally in Ohio. We also like renting a house in the Outer Banks. We try to go to Siesta Key once a year or two. We are creatures of habit and prefer going to the same places over and over.

Glad we aren't the only ones who like to go to the same places! I have some people in my life that get really judgmental about it. So weird that they care how someone else vacations.

We cruise when we can but we have really enjoyed vacations in Turks and Caicos, Aruba, Curaçao, St. Maarten, Bermuda, St. Thomas, Anguilla, Saint Lucia, New Orleans, Charleston, St. Pete Beach, Key West, and Ocean City. Because of proximity, we also often go to Newport, Watch Hill, Cape Cod, Block Island, Martha’s Vineyard, NYC, Boston, and ski country in NH and VT but think of those as quick staycations.

Just returned from 4 days in Canada. 2 in Montreal and 2 in Quebec. Stayed at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. They also have a Le Celleir but it's not a restaurant, Did the toboggan run just outside the resort and visited the Hôtel de Glace (Ice Hotel) about 30 minutes north. French is the native language but English is fairly accomodating.
Being in the northeast, lots to do between Maine and Washington D.C. Bar Harbor, Killington, Boston, Newport, R.I., Niagara Falls, Adirondacks, Finger Lakes, Lancaster, PA,

If were not in Disney we have a place in Potter County Pa for hunting, fishing and relaxing. No cell service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter