Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

Can you share the data you used to compile these numbers?

I believe this has been asked before and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they have answered.
I will keep checking for myself and mostly ignoring those "update" posts. The discussion here is what I'm mostly watching anyway!

We have been stockpiling cash for the last few years specifically to buffer against this type of situation. I didn't expect a pandemic to be the reason but fully expected some type of economic downturn to hit in 2020 (+/- a couple of years).

First, it's awesome to have an emergency fund. Life is not changing for us right now other than being bored indoors for the past few weeks. Second, assuming our jobs both survive, we're in a good spot to potentially take advantage of some opportunistic pricing. Either way, this situation has shown me that there is never going to be a time that I don't have an emergency fund going forward. Hopefully our corporations learn the same lesson.

I will just say BCV is actually less than Savannah View at AKV in DVC.

lol - it is at times and over an entire year is a tiny bit less but close enough to be considered the same IMO. Of course BCV has little in views of great distinction so a better "view" comparison is to AKV standard views and it blows BCV out of the water there.

lol - it is at times and over an entire year is a tiny bit less but close enough to be considered the same IMO. Of course BCV has little in views of great distinction so a better "view" comparison is to AKV standard views and it blows BCV out of the water there.

Oh no doubt I was more just pointing it out that in that case you could actually get by a tad cheaper at BCV if that resort was on your list as possibly better than AKV.

We have been stockpiling cash for the last few years specifically to buffer against this type of situation. I didn't expect a pandemic to be the reason but fully expected some type of economic downturn to hit in 2020 (+/- a couple of years).

First, it's awesome to have an emergency fund. Life is not changing for us right now other than being bored indoors for the past few weeks. Second, assuming our jobs both survive, we're in a good spot to potentially take advantage of some opportunistic pricing. Either way, this situation has shown me that there is never going to be a time that I don't have an emergency fund going forward. Hopefully our corporations learn the same lesson.

They won't because it's the shareholders (and taxpayers if they get bailed out) that suffer.

LAX

4/6 update

New resales increased from 4/5 but continue below average

one of the large re-sellers has 6 100 pt BLT sale pending contracts listed at $135 or slightly less

4/6 update

New resales increased from 4/5 but continue below average

one of the large re-sellers has 6 100 pt BLT sale pending contracts listed at $135 or slightly less
By resales do you mean postings or pending sells?

4/7 update

New resales at about 50% of typical

4/8 update

New resales are significantly above average

This is primarily from on of the 2 largest re-sellers posting abut 4x what is typical

While no hard data, it appears that this may be from a delay in posting showing up on 4/8 since some are showing up initially as pending

more OKWs in the 80s are showing up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter