Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

MK or Epcot?

i-DTZkKQp-Th.jpg

This is from Epcot. :tink:

Yes Ma'am...when the "experts" say they're concerned it makes one CONCERNED! ::yes:: This is the latest satellite view:

21032419_1596388867048759_1221455438804398905_n.jpg

Those outer bands to the right are bringing us rain now. Light here but BFF to the south of us is getting pretty heavy stuff already. Our church opened their Red Cross Shelter around noon today and Texas National Guard is "headed south"! :thumbsup2 We KNOW this is being considered serious when one of our colleges, Sam Houston State, POSTPONES it's opening season football game scheduled for this weekend AND MY team, the Dallas Cowboys, offers their in state rivals use of their stadium to the HOUSTON TEXANS :faint: for their game next Thursday. Football is serious business :rotfl: here in Texas and colleges don't just postpone games without a good reason! :goodvibes :tink:

oh wow that look like a big storm

oh wow that look like a big storm

It's huge, isn't it? And such a "pretty eye"; amazing. 60 mph winds in the Corpus/Aransas area now and the eye is suppose to come onshore around 9 this evening. DH just left to get some more gas; refineries on the coast have been shut down and when supply is gone it's gone until they can operate again. Light rain here but noticeable wind from the east already. Galveston Island has suspended ferry service and all government offices closed until Wednesday...they get a 5 day weekend Jeff! :thumbsup2:tink:

6 PM National Hurricane statement...now upgraded to at Cat 4 :scared:

Last edited:
It's huge, isn't it? And such a "pretty eye"; amazing. 60 mph winds in the Corpus/Aransas area now and the eye is suppose to come onshore around 9 this evening. DH just left to get some more gas; refineries on the coast have been shut down and when supply is gone it's gone until they can operate again. Light rain here but noticeable wind from the east already. Galveston Island has suspended ferry service and all government offices closed until Wednesday...they get a 5 day weekend Jeff! :thumbsup2:tink:

6 PM National Hurricane statement...now upgraded to at Cat 4 :scared:

My sister who is back in Austin just sent me a text that it was upgraded to a 4. This one sounds like it is intensifying as fast as Andrew did 25 years ago

I guess it will be time to activate the where in the world news desk. I just won't tell you where that new desk will be originating from.

You guessed right. Fort Wilderness. My brothers camper :woohoo:

Lucky!

I'm originally from the Cincinnati area. Moved to West Tennessee for college, got married, and now my DH and I live in Louisville, KY. We've been here for almost a year and a half.

Kentucky is a beautiful state. I see you are going on your first trip to WDW?! :yay: How exciting!!! Where are you staying? How long will you be there??

My sister who is back in Austin just sent me a text that it was upgraded to a 4. This one sounds like it is intensifying as fast as Andrew did 25 years ago

Yes Sir, it is and I'm sure she's watching as close as I am...Austin is suppose to get heavy rain also. The last time I watched hurricane coverage on the Weather Channel from Texas I was laying on the bed in Room 1940, Tokelau building at the Poly! :lovestruc DH was locked in the basement of the County Courthouse in the Emergency Management room waiting out Hurricane Ike. Right now this beautiful beach at Port Aransas is getting hit with 103 mph steady winds and 120 mph gusts!

i-gqMqFBw-L.jpg

Sure hope our rented condo is still there after tonight! This is from Cinnamon Shores...a BEAUTIFUL beach community:

i-nRqpMS4-L.jpg
:tink:

Last edited:
I guess it will be time to activate the where in the world news desk. I just won't tell you where that new desk will be originating from.

I keep praying we won't need that world news desk but not holding my breath! As long as our power stays on I'm fine but it sure is harder to take when it's dark and a storm is going on outside! :scared: And those stupid tornados need to STAY AWAY! Some damage from those suckers already between us and the coast. No matter where the news desk originates from it'll be nice to get a "glimpse" of the outside world! :goodvibes IF our phone services stays operating! :faint: Been raining since about 6 and a few gust of wind that make the house "groan" but no worse than a bad thunderstorm so far. We're suppose to get the heavy wind/rain tomorrow and Sunday. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter