Where is everybody???

Morning..not much gardening going on....

Excavating at my house today...the reason i had to move my beds...I am worried about the one bed I was told I didn't have to move....i really dont want the excavator in it...not sure I'm gonna be able to watch today.

Well, I've been lurking, but it has been slow. Must be that half of the continent is freezing, but I was hoping that the southerners and northwesterners and southwesterners would keep things fresh. Where are you all? I know the holidays have been here, and it does take some time to recover, but does anyone have any beautiful hibiscus or flowereing cacti? Pics of anything green at this time of year for us covered in white is always theraputic.

So now that the New Year is here, are any of you as crazy as I am about seeing the crocus or daffodils? Ours usually peak their little leaves out around the end of February. My Inside garden is doing quite well. The winter is when I tend to rescue plants. I am currently tending a mniature rose, and a Gerber Daisy. Both are doing well. I also try to force bulbs and start herbs from seeds. I think around February, DD and I will try to start some Cayenne peppers from seeds of last years peppers. Man they were wicked hot! They made the best fajitas and chorizo burros! YUMMY!

My orchid and amarillis are going to be beautiful. They arrived a bit late this year, but that means I'll have my orchid at least until the end of March! What a great seguay into spring!

Looking forward to some news from others!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Hey.....:wave:

Getting the ~Natural State~ ready....:D

I think some Buds have drifted off, and the rest of us are in semi-hibernation mode. Brrr.....it's cold!

I fear it will be a long time before we're treated to the sight of budding crocus and daffodils. It's almost as if winter has just begun this week. The only thing growing outside right now, is the icicles. :)

Tracy, my eyes are watering and my lips starting to tingle, just reading about your peppers..lol! :teeth:

The only indoor plants I have going right now are some African Violets, and surprisingly, they're doing quite well! :)

Looking forward to your next Natural State, Olena! :)

Sorry I didn't get the NS up today. It's been very busy here. So much to do with sorority and I'm about to head out to rehearsal. I'll get to it soon!

Hi Buds,

Not much indoor gardening here. My Christmas cactus is blooming, my pointsettias are bare. Garden catalogues are arriving each day with inspiring pics.

It's been so hectic here with company coming and going and kids off from school for the holidays.

It's so ccccold. It feels like a second winter. Maybe hibernating isn't a bad idea.
Oh I just remembered, I did have a garden experience last week. I finally found the Bowman Tower Gardens. I had read about them and just happened by them on our way home from the Washington Crossing the Delaware reenactment. Talk about cold!

Mentioned to DH this morning that it's days like this that make Florida living so inviting. We have 3 years left before we can begin looking at Florida in earnest.

Christmas cactus is blooming a bit, pointsettia has been thrown out, and the amaryllis bulbs are mostly still in dormancy. Birdwatching from my computer window is strong, lots of downy woodpeckers and chicadees.

Have to admit that I stopped dreaming over garden catalogs years ago, my thumbs aren't that green, I actually buy most of my vegetable and flower seeds at the dollar store. I plant seeds inside around Feb. 22nd, that was DMiL's birthday, and I think of her especially on that day.

Outside, the tips of daffodils have stopped growing, and there are clumps of them all around, even on the north side of the house, so the mild and rainy part of December did fool some of the plants.

Sweet Spring Dreams to you all!

Bobbi:D

Mostly lurking, between the holidays and deciding to paint, sponge and stencil the kitchen and dining area and building 1/2 of a new deck. Plus DH being home, haven't had much free time. Now that the holidays are over and I go into semi-hibernation, and dream things of green. I'm back.

Hello,
This is my first visit to the Garden board! I sympathize with all of you in the frozen north! I lived in Boston for 25 years, Virginia for 7yrs and I have to say that I am enjoying my first Florida winter! Hopefully these photos that my husband took last week will send a little bit of warmth your way! The pics were taken at Butterfly World.

These first 2 are passionflowers...
fa014bf2.jpg

fa014c32.jpg

This is a Cythera butterfly that we caught resting...
fa014c0c.jpg

Dizny4us: Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. I wasn't all that tired of winter until I saw them. Now I'm anxiously waiting for blooms.

P.S. Welcome!!!

Oh...new pictures of GREEN stuff!!!! Thank you, thank you! Tell that DH that he NEEDS to take pictures every week just for us...please?

How nice of you to give us a jolt of colour, and warmth! :) The pics are gorgeous!!! ::yes::

Welcome to the F&G Board, dizny4us. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying your new home State.

Thank you! :)

Ooooohhhh... gorgeous pics! Thank you so much for sharing those. :D

No gardening to be done around here right now.... it was -15 degrees here last Monday and has since turned to significnat rounds of freezing rain. It is definitely WINTER around here right now. But just as fast it arrives sometimes... so it goes away. Usually by mid February I am getting glimpses of the opening acts of spring. And that is really only just around the corner (time wise that is!).

Thank you so much for those beautiful pics! I'm glad sombody out there has a reason to head out doors! Good for you! Soon we'll all be sharing our beauties!

:sunny: Tracy

Those are beautiful pictures, Dizny4us! Thanks so much for sending a ray of warmth my way. :)

Thank you for the sunshine and warm pics. Really need it today it's snowing again:rolleyes:
Keep those sunny pics coming!

After seeing dizny4us's photos, I've decided to pack my bags and head on down to Fort Lauderdale.... permanently!

(Hahaha! I only wish.....)

I really hate winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter