Where is Robo?

His maps are legendary. One of the most helpful Disers. I sure hope he is well and just taking a break.
It does seem like if he was just taking a break that he was the kind of person who would let the Mods know he was leaving and would not be updating the Sticky.

He produced incredible contributions to the DIS.

I haven't been on TPAS as much lately as I feel it has gone very downhill the last couple years, but his knowledge was a huge contribution, hope he is ok!

Some get fed up and take a break. I've taken two breaks, both a year long where I didn't even come to the site.
All very true and many of us do that when we feel that what we say is not accepted as worthy of attention. I fear that something happened with Robo and we have to admit that people do die and so will we. I'd like to think he is just taking time off, but I sense the reason is much less happy.

All very true and many of us do that when we feel that what we say is not accepted as worthy of attention. I fear that something happened with Robo and we have to admit that people do die and so will we. I'd like to think he is just taking time off, but I sense the reason is much less happy.
My problem is I really don't pay attention to who is and isn't posting. My sense is that some here have some sort of affiliation outside the DIS. I went to the DIS meetup on my cruise on the Magic and I have no recollection of who was there by their user name, or if they are still on the boards.

My problem is I really don't pay attention to who is and isn't posting. My sense is that some here have some sort of affiliation outside the DIS. I went to the DIS meetup on my cruise on the Magic and I have no recollection of who was there by their user name, or if they are still on the boards.
That is my way too. I don't think that in the day you would have found a bigger fan of WDW. I loved it and never could wait to get back again over the years from 1983 to 2023. And yet, I could never be able to tell you what robot was functioning and which one wasn't. I looked and saw the detail, but just wasn't interested enough to store those images in my brain. It was a over all impression for me. If I saw some individual thing that really knocked my socks off I would acknowledge the detail, admire it, soak it all in but if I went back the next year it never occurred to me to even try to see if it still lived up to my expectations or if something else took away my attention that impressed me even more.

I could sit down today and write a very detailed account of my very first road trip from the time I left home with the family to the time we all arrived back. That's how significant that trip was and the lasting impression it made on me. However, that was the big picture. When I went back I couldn't tell you what animatronic was where. They could have shuffled them all over the place and I would be none the wiser. I think I was much happier not making my trip all about quality control. Even if I did notice something I wouldn't remember which one it was. To me it just wasn't all that important. It was the overall quality not the thread count that was important to me.

I had asked about Robo in the thread where I found out he was no longer posting. CarolynFH, a long-time poster, shared that he passed away sometime last year. I'm so sad to hear this. He was the best at sharing his knowledge. Wanted to let people on this thread know what I found out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter