Where is the best spot to request at Board Walk Villas???

Sphinx610

DIS Veteran
E are renting points and the lady is asking us where on the resort we want to stay. We have never been there and I am not sure where the best spot even is! Any advice??? We are getting a studio villa... Two kids with us... Where are the elevators in relation to where the studio villas are? Help! Lol!

Not sure if you mentioned this, but what room type...standard view, pool/garden, or Boardwalk??

Not sure if you mentioned this, but what room type...standard view, pool/garden, or Boardwalk??
I have no idea! Haha I would assume standard? (78 points for the week) I saw a post that someone wrote saying studio 4023 has Epcot view- I didn't know any of them had Epcot views. All I know of this resort is what I've read and the pics I've seen. So all of the info is kind of a foreign concept since I've never actually been to the resort. Looking at maps and stuff doesn't really help me bc I don't know where they typically have the studios. I just assumed they all had mediocre views but not sure where the best spot to be... Near pool? Elevator? Anything near lobby? Where is the "loud" area? Any advice is helpful :) thanks!

I've looked through the villa info thread and while it is fabulous info- it's 89 pages! I got through the first few and felt MoRE lost. Lol

I have no idea! Haha I would assume standard? (78 points for the week) I saw a post that someone wrote saying studio 4023 has Epcot view- I didn't know any of them had Epcot views. All I know of this resort is what I've read and the pics I've seen. So all of the info is kind of a foreign concept since I've never actually been to the resort. Looking at maps and stuff doesn't really help me bc I don't know where they typically have the studios. I just assumed they all had mediocre views but not sure where the best spot to be... Near pool? Elevator? Anything near lobby? Where is the "loud" area? Any advice is helpful :) thanks!

I've looked through the villa info thread and while it is fabulous info- it's 89 pages! I got through the first few and felt MoRE lost. Lol

If you have standard view, which if 78 points for 7 nights, you probably do, then close to elevators also means close to the loud luggage area. I know the hallways are long, but I prefer as far from elevators as possible. That also puts you closer to Hollywood Studios. If you get a low floor, then you can manage the stairs instead of going all the way to the elevator. High floor further from elevators also could give you a view of some of the Illuminations fireworks, if you're not blocked by a tree. Really depends what your priorities are. Oh and studios are throughout the resort, there isn't just one area where all the studios are.

And to add, location requests are just requests, not guaranteed. So you can request where you would prefer to be, but you may not get it.

And to add, location requests are just requests, not guaranteed. So you can request where you would prefer to be, but you may not get it.

Ok thanks a lot for your response! There is a possibility of Epcot view with high floor standard view studio? Cool! We just assumed we would be looking at parking lots hahaha I had the nice parking lot view last time... Haha Honestly, we are just so excited to sty at BWV and be in WDW none of us really care, I just thought I'd find out so maybe we could get a cool view or be in a good spot. But we are the type if ppl who make the best of every moment in WDW and won't care if we don't get our request. But it sure would be a bonus if we got to see illuminations (even part of it w no sound) from our room! Lol I can't wait... We book on Mickeys birthday! ;)

Ok thanks a lot for your response! There is a possibility of Epcot view with high floor standard view studio? Cool! We just assumed we would be looking at parking lots hahaha I had the nice parking lot view last time... Haha Honestly, we are just so excited to sty at BWV and be in WDW none of us really care, I just thought I'd find out so maybe we could get a cool view or be in a good spot. But we are the type if ppl who make the best of every moment in WDW and won't care if we don't get our request. But it sure would be a bonus if we got to see illuminations (even part of it w no sound) from our room! Lol I can't wait... We book on Mickeys birthday! ;)

Well it's not actually Epcot view, you will see the grassy area toward the bus stops and parking lots, and standard view also faces toward the Inn side of Boardwalk Resort. But you can possibly see some high fireworks over the other side of the resort. There's a picture on another thread that might give you abetter idea. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd try to link you to it.

Well it's not actually Epcot view, you will see the grassy area toward the bus stops and parking lots, and standard view also faces toward the Inn side of Boardwalk Resort. But you can possibly see some high fireworks over the other side of the resort. There's a picture on another thread that might give you abetter idea. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd try to link you to it.

Even that works for me. Hahaha We had a parking lot view at a value resort last time! Facing anything at BWV would be a better scenario view- wise. Hahahaha

Now I have been hearing about the long hallways and tons of steps and all this stuff- considering my last stay was at a small value resort, how much extra walking just to refill my mug will I be doing??! How big is this really? Ive stayed at GF and our resort of choice long ago was CBR... How does the size compare and will we really care about this walk? You never know what someone's tolerance for distances is when you read these things!

We just got back from BWV for the first time, and while the hallways are long, there are several sets of stairs going down to areas like the pool and Boardwalk, so once you are there and start to learn your way around the walks really aren't that bad. Plus, you are inside air conditioned hallways, so it's not like you are out in the sun or rain. I have never stayed at CBR, but I felt that our walk was much shorter to Boardwalk Bakery from our room than lots of the rooms at Port Orleans Riverside to the food court/Bus stops. We were in the Baseball section at Sports one year, and while that walk didn't seem far, I think our walks at Boardwalk were shorter. Hope that gives it a little perspective for you.

Even that works for me. Hahaha We had a parking lot view at a value resort last time! Facing anything at BWV would be a better scenario view- wise. Hahahaha

Now I have been hearing about the long hallways and tons of steps and all this stuff- considering my last stay was at a small value resort, how much extra walking just to refill my mug will I be doing??! How big is this really? Ive stayed at GF and our resort of choice long ago was CBR... How does the size compare and will we really care about this walk? You never know what someone's tolerance for distances is when you read these things!

There is only one elevator bank at BWV and it is centrally located just off the lobby.

There is no where to refill mugs right in the villas. You'll need to go out to the BW to the BW Bakery or maybe the pool.

The BWV have long corridors. But there are stairwells all over the place that sometimes can get you where you need to go.

Almost all of the boardwalk views have a view of Spaceship Earth and the fireworks from Illuminations.

4023 faces the Swan/Dolphin, not sure why someone would post Epcot view.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931467

I'm here now, I have a pool/garden studio. I requested Village Green but got facing the main pool. Luckily it's a short walk to the elevator.

We were at the BWV a few weeks ago for one night. To me, there is a difference between walking from an outer building, like GF or POR, and a villa at BWV to another location. At BWV it's like walking in a tunnel. At GF and POR, it's like walking in a garden or park (even if it is raining, we can use an umbrella or poncho). So it comes down to what you like. Personally, I like the garden walk versus the tunnel walk.

There is no where to refill mugs right in the villas. You'll need to go out to the BW to the BW Bakery or maybe the pool.
The Belle Vue Lounge is located in the lobby on the BWI side just before the elevators. You can get refills there by showing your mug and they will give you your drink in a paper cup.

The Belle Vue Lounge is located in the lobby on the BWI side just before the elevators. You can get refills there by showing your mug and they will give you your drink in a paper cup.

Thanks for adding that. :thumbsup2

We had a BWV Standard view last August & it was perfect. Don't remember room but it was 4th floor . As soon as you come out elevators make a sharp right & head down the hall. At that first break in the hall there is a another hallway that goes right ( backside of the pool area) & the main hall which continues down. We were right at that break where the bldg kinda change angles a lil. facing bus stop. Directly across from us ( 10 steps) was a stairwell that led down to the pool area. ( smoking section down there) Ideal location, especially for the points used...If I had a pool/garden view I would definitely try and get a Village Green room, which someone prior had stated...The size of those balconies are Ginormous.... Like 4 or 5 times the size of the regular ones...Seriously..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter