Where should we eat lunch while in Busch Gardens?

crazyforpooh

<font color=FF6600>Proud American who loves her li
Someone on another thread mentioned Crown colony Rest. is this a good choice? I don't know anything about Busch Gardens these days haven't been in 20 years.

Thanks,

Laura

Every time I go to BGT, I get the Bar-B-Que. It's the one by the orangatang area. The chicken there is some of the best around.

Crown Colony is my favorite. Ask for a table by the window. You may have to wait, but the view of the Serengeti Plain is worth it.

OTOH, I too love BBQ and the Smokehouse in Stanleyville is first rate.

Crown Colony is a very good choice. You can get a family-style meal of fried chicken and fish and all the sides. They will keep bringing more food until everyone is full! It is a reasonably priced also. It is around $9 a person. We sometimes just go to the park with our passes just to eat here.

Previous post about the BBQ at Stanleyville is also true! If you want to eat outdoors, you can't beat the BBQ ribs and chicken here. I would get lunch and dinner at both places. The Festhaus is pretty good also. Can't beat the huge corned beef sandwiches here with the German potato-salad.

Originally posted by Barry Hom
I usually get my hand stamped and go to the restaurants across the street.

You're missin' out on some good BBQ!

Yeah, I used to be cheap like that too, but they've closed the walkway leading across the street in front of the McDonalds. Instead, you have to go all the way around, which takes alot of time and walking, not worth it. At least BGT gives you some free beer samples at the hospitality house, located near Land of the Dragons. Grab a few samples on the way to the BBQ place. I've ate there, it's good. They cook it right in front of you on a flame, with lots of sauce.

I can't remember the name of the place we ate at but it was the large hall where they have entertainment. We had some pretty good turkey sandwiches (real fresh roasted turkey - like Thanksgiving leftovers!) and watched the stage show.

We find most everything inside the parks to be mediocre but this was on the higher end of that scale and there was entertainment to boot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter