Where to sit at Epcot?

samsonjs

Mouseketeer
In April we had our first visit to Epcot. We were only there for the later half of the day.

We got dinner at the Fish and Chips counter but then we couldn't find anywhere to sit. We ended up leaning against a railing. I casually looked for a spot on our walk around the lake and other than a few benches that were already full I didn't see any places with tables and chairs for eating or even just a shaded area with lots of ledges/benches.

Later on we did find a small spot on a ledge near France but no big areas with tables and chairs like at the other parks.

Did I miss it? Where should we go next time?

This is pretty typical, we definitely do not get seats every time we order from that counter. The gardens in England are an option, but they only have a few benches - we mostly eat on the curb. You could also head up the hill and then down the hill (do not take a left to go to France) - there are several benches lining that walkway, which is the resort entrance for Epcot.

In April we had our first visit to Epcot. We were only there for the later half of the day.

We got dinner at the Fish and Chips counter but then we couldn't find anywhere to sit. We ended up leaning against a railing. I casually looked for a spot on our walk around the lake and other than a few benches that were already full I didn't see any places with tables and chairs for eating or even just a shaded area with lots of ledges/benches.

Later on we did find a small spot on a ledge near France but no big areas with tables and chairs like at the other parks.

Did I miss it? Where should we go next time?

There are tables and chairs about 25 feet from the Fish & Chips counter.
They overlook the World Showcase Lagoon.

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 9.31.38 AM.png

I did see table and chairs in a gated area but I thought it was for a specific restaurant only. It was pretty crowded. Is that the area your talking about?

Thanks. I think I must have thought that wasn't for anyone to walk up to and only for reserved dining when we saw it.

We usually find a table in the Rose&Crown patio area, right next to the outside beer stand.

Bill From Pa

How easy it is to find a spot to eat usually depends on the festival season. During F&W can be the hardest. During Arts Festival it's not bad. Granted, when there's no festival we've never had a problem.
But yeah, that area on both sides of the R&C building is for YC seating. Many don't realize it. And there are 1 levels of seating on the right hand (as you are looking at the water) side.
We too have dined on top of trashcans many times. They empty them A LOT! so as PP said, it sounds way worse than it is. Just don't block the opening and it's not a problem at all.
Just don't go near the water! We went all the way down to the water level to get seats while DH was paying and while we were waiting on him I watched one of those dang birds fly up and literally take a piece of fish out of a ladies hand just as she started to put the food in her mouth. I mean, she had it right at her teeth when the bird flew up and grabbed it. We've left and have never eaten down there since.

Sommerfest in Germany's pavilion is worse (wurst:duck:). There are always people occupying the tables though they are not eating...

We have been lucky at Yorkshire County Fish & Chips. A couple of times people were leaving right as we arrived for a table. On one visit, when it was just two of us, we shared with another couple who walked in after we occupied a table. We try to work in Fish & Chips every trip.

A lot of those sitting areas become restricted access during certain times of year (including the one that is shown in the picture above). So the roped off area you remember is probably what people are referring to, but it is not always available to the general public. At the Food and Wine festival this past year, I got a little too comfortable plopping down on curbs and even just the ground itself. Providing enough places for people to comfortably sit and eat has never been a strength of WDW...

There are benches in the courtyard in the UK where they have entertainment. The courtyard is located behind the tea and perfume shops. It is a shame that they took out a good number of benches throughout the park.

I'll second walking over to the Canada Pavilion, up by the gift shops. Rarely is there anyone actually up there, so it is usually a safe bet that there will be an open table / chairs there.

I realize they don't want to clutter it up but I really believe they can/should find a way to add more seating and maybe some standing high top tables in the World Showcase. I can, have and will sit right on the ground if I have to but I would rather not

The lack of seating is intentional. It drives people to TS restaurants and forces people to walk around and spend money, rather than camped out on a bench.

A few years ago we got fish and chips and headed toward the seating area near the counter that everyone here is talking about. There were two CM’s standing there guarding it and not letting anyone in. Every other time we had gotten fish and chips we had eaten there with no problem. I asked them where we should sit if we couldn’t sit there, and they very snottily told me that there were no tables guaranteed for any of the counter service restaurants and we should just be prepared to stand. I was so shocked at their attitudes and rudeness that I just walked away. I really wish I had talked to Guest Services about it at the time, but I just told myself that they were just having a bad day and tried to let it go. But I am still annoyed about it years later. LOL I think we ended up sitting on a bench in the UK pavilion. Either that or the curb. We haven’t gotten fish and chips since then either.

I have never had trouble getting a table behind the stand as others have mentioned overlooking the lagoon.

What were they guarding it for - was it full?

Of course if you liked the fish at Yorkshire you now have a different problem. The cod they always used to use has been replaced by tilapia which is a tasteless fish. You can still get the cod if you eat table service at the Rose & Crown

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter