Where to sit for Events

kayaraelyn

Earning My Ears
Hello
This is my first time to Disneyland, where is the best place to sit for fireworks & parades

Also with those good places to sit, Where is the best place to pictures of the fireworks

Thank you so much

alison

Ok well if your looking for a seat for the fireworks.. I suggest staking out a spot an hour or so before the fireworks in front of the castle (Make sure the hub where the statue of Walt and Mickey is, is not in front of you. Make sure its behind you). With all the effects of the show, you will see it all with a front of the castle view and you can get some amazing pictures. It makes your entire experience well worth the wait.

As for the parades, it ultimately depends on which show your catching. If there is only 1 parade during the day, the route starts at the ride Its A Small World in Fantasyland. I would suggest getting a seat near there so you will be the first to see the parade, and the first to leave to head towards rides. This will save you a headache of longer lineups at your fav rides.

If there are 2 parades during the day, and you catch the 2nd parade, the route starts down at the front of Main Street by the entrance. I would sit down that way for the 2nd showing of the parades.

*Either way, for the parades make sure you sit down a half hour or so before the parade begins. People find seats very early and if you want a side walk seat then you gotta get your butt in gear and find one early.

For the fireworks: In the street in front of the castle or you can grab a bench. We were on the street and sat there 1.5 hours before. All the benches were taken at this point. We had a great view though!!!
There were no parades when we went last week :(

Last week we found a great place for fireworks. We were smack dab between the entrance to Tomorrowland and the Walt Statue. We had a 90% view of the castle, visibilty of the Matterhorn, and could see Tink very well.

Plus, since there was a walkway in front of us, we weren't ducking around people trying to see. My Mom is 5'0 and my GF is 5'2 and they had no problem seeing at all.

The wait was the best part of all. We didn't start waiting until right after 9...I didn't think a 20 minute wait was bad at all. This way we got in some really short lines. And once the fireworks were over, we were in the perfect place to dash to Space Mountain for only a 5-10 minute wait.

We did this 2 nights in a row with Spring Break crowds and would defiantly do it again!

Where is the best place to watch the fireworks outside the park? We arrive quite late on a Saturday and rather then using up one of our days, we would like to find a nice spot to watch the fireworks with the kids.

Q

The rooftop pool area at the Camelot across the street was good. Inside the park - I'd sit on the hub toward TL as the fireworks are off center for photos on the other side. We were there for Spring Break last week and the camp out was about 1.5 hours. We watch from the Fantasmic area another night - they do some of the effects on the building on the island (not the same as the castle - but still good), the music is piped over and we weren't getting out of that mess in time anyway :rotfl:

Another night we sat behind the castle in FL - I got different pics this night with the carousel and castle. The fireworks are on one side of you and the castle on the other - so it's a little like watching a tennis match. But was fun as we had a table to sit at and walked right onto PP following!!!!

There is a thread about the new parade at Disneyland. Unlike regular parades this one will stop in 3 places thus people are going to be there this Friday to find out where those locations are at. Those three spots will be the best place to see the new parade.

At DCA I love sitting with my back to the wharf for a parade. If you park in the walkways then people step on you after the parade and late comers will plop in front of you if they can. Wharf area on both sides makes it hard for them to do that.

You know, if you get the chance to see the fireworks twice, watch it FIRST in front of the castle and then on the second night, grab a table over by Casey Jr. in Fantasyland. Nobody ever is over there and you get STUNNING views of Tinker Bell's flight!

Another really awesome spot to catch the fireworks is in the plaza entrance between both parks. Sit on the ground between both entrances and watch the works fly. Its beautiful.

Fireworks: I like between Dumbo and the Carousel.... Pretty close to the action there.

A completely different viewing experience is at it's a small world. There are projections on the facade and it's pretty special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter