Where to stay offsite?

Andrew Bichard

DIS Veteran
I have booked Boardwalk Villas for my next trip to WDW, but I need somewhere to stay for the first three nights.

I use a wheelchair and assume all Orlando hotels will have Handicap Accessible accomodations.

I cannot transfer to a regular car, & my wife can't drive, HA vans are expensive, so I won't be renting. There are very few HA cabs in Orlando.

Idealy, I want a nice hotel, within sidewalk distance of Sea World & shopping, or at least on I drive trolley or Lynx bus route (without changing buses)

Once we check in to Boardwalk, we will be on site at WDW for long enough to get 'Disneyed-out' so somewhere off-site for these first three nights would be preferred.

And Universal is a total no-no. Their HA arrangements are not as good as Disney's. I have been there once... never again!

Andrew

Hi Andrew.

I would suggest you look into the Peabody Hotel, which is on I-Drive near the convention center. They are very close to Pointe Orlando, which is a very large shopping complex. I have stayed there one time before moving down here. Their web site does not say anything about accessible rooms, but I called them and they do have several.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter