Where to stay when visiting Legoland

Disneyoso

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disneyland for the first time, while there my son aged 9 and a huge Lego fan wants to go to Legoland. we are planning on staying 2 days at Legoland where do you suggest staying while there, we are not planning on renting a car. We will be staying 5 days at Disneyland

I believe the Sheraton is the only hotel actually attached to Legoland. We stayed and the Hampton which was about 3 miles away but we had a car. There may be a couple with shuttles but I'm not sure. The legoland website has an accomodations section which is a good starting point.

We splurged and stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our trip...

http://www.westinnandsuites.com/

They have a shuttle to Legoland. It was worth every penny. My kids still talk about the people who work there (so sweet/helpful/nice) and the breakfast (yummy)...it was really nice.

If it's within your budget then I say DO IT! Much nicer than the hotel attached to Legoland.

As a side note...have you been to Legoland before? When are you going? We had 2 days planned there but only did one--it was a bit of a letdown, wasn't quite what we thought it would be.

:)

We splurged and stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our trip...

http://www.westinnandsuites.com/

They have a shuttle to Legoland. It was worth every penny. My kids still talk about the people who work there (so sweet/helpful/nice) and the breakfast (yummy)...it was really nice.

If it's within your budget then I say DO IT! Much nicer than the hotel attached to Legoland.

As a side note...have you been to Legoland before? When are you going? We had 2 days planned there but only did one--it was a bit of a letdown, wasn't quite what we thought it would be.

:)

Thanks for the info! :goodvibes We have been looking for a nice place to stay. :goodvibes

I have stayed at Inns of America Suites in Carlsbad. They have a free shuttle that goes to the park. I have also stayed at Homewood Suites in Carlsbad. There was no shuttle there, but it was a little less expensive. I would stay at both again. I love suites when I can afford it. I like to be able to stay up later with my DH.

There is also a nice outlet mall right next to Legoland with some nice eating options.

We stay at the La Quinta in Carlsbad. We get a suite (really just two connecting rooms with a door). We paid $70/night, and had two bathrooms, a room for the two kids, and our own room. Plus a mini-fridge, microwave, and kitchen-type sink. It isn't the nicest, but big and clean, and a great price. We even walk to the beach from there...about a mile away through a nice neighborhood. It is close to restaurants, the outlets, and LegoLand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter