Where to Stay????

SoThisIsLove

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

I am trying to decide where to stay for our upcoming trip this July. There will be 7 (4 adults, 3 children 7, 9 and 11) of us traveling and we are looking for a 2 bdrm villa for a 14 night stay. Where do you recommend an extended stay? We have stayed at almost every DVC resort except for OKW but never for an extended stay...we usually do short trips combined with a cruise. My DD loves BLT because of the pool games and community hall. Do all DVC resorts have the Youth Activity pool games and Youth Activity Community Hall activities? We weren't planning on going to the parks everyday and renting a car for the duration of the trip. We were thinking of doing the QS meal plan...thoughts? Do you think we would get tired of the QS food if we ate at a few restaurants here and there? Any help/info would get greatly appreciated!

I would do a split stay, 14 nights at the same resort is a long time. A split stay would seem like 2 separate vacations. We would stay close to the 2 parks that you intend to visit the most. A MK area resort and an Epcot resort as an example.

We would also rent that car for half of the stay, getting rid of it after the move to the 2nd resort. That way you can use the car for the move and to do food shopping for the new home.

:earsboy: Bill

We love OKW for extended stays - so much more square footage, great large covered deck that is really like an extra room for us, good size laundry room to keep the mess separate, and the 2 bedrooms sleep 9. Lots of activities for the kids daily, awesome main pool, and nice 'quiet pool' areas as well. We don't mind staying at the same resort for two weeks, especially once we get all our groceries and supplies put away and unpack - no need to pack up until we are ready to leave. Feels so much like our Florida 'home' with the tropical, relaxed feeling at this resort. :thumbsup2

My vote would be for Kidani. Three bathrooms and sleeps nine for an extended stay would be ideal. Also, the kids would love the pools, pool games, community hall, and animals. You have the amenities at both Kidani and Jambo available for you. Resort days can be filled with resort activities, there are many! Including cookie decorating and a culinary tour at Boma. (Both Free btw!) Not to mention the animals! Night vision goggles are really fun for the kids! Movies by the pools at night, so much to do at Animal Kingdom lodge!!
As for the dining plan, I really can't comment, as we have never done the QS plan. But I would think it's too much quick service for 14 days, but that's just me. I would rather go TS with a TiW card and split meals. With 7 people over 14 days, I would think TiW would pay for itself, and then you have so many more options.....including a drink in the lounge!
Whatever you chose, have a great trip! 14 days....lucky you!!

For a 14 night stay, I would have to agree with Bill -- do a split stay. With a party that size, having a 3rd bathroom would be a huge advantage. BLT and Kidani 2BR's both have the 3rd bath. A split stay with those two resorts is an awesome combination. If you did a split stay which includes BWV, BCV, VWL, or SSR, then I would have Kidani or BLT as the second half of the trip. Once you have the size of a Kidani or BLT 2BR with the 3rd bath, it could be a let down to move to another 2BR at one of those other resorts.

With regards to the QS meal plan, I don't think I would do a meal plan if you will have some of those 14 days as non-park days. I think you will end up accumulating a number of unused entitlements that will go to waste. And yes . . . I think you would get tired of the QS options. I agree with one of the other posters --- go with the TIW. It will more than pay for itself with a group that size for that many days. It also give you the versatility to order a few appetizers, a few desserts and adult beverages and you will get the discount on all of those things. We use the TIW instead of DDP and we eat less, eat what we want, and spend less money.

Have a great trip!:thumbsup2

Here is another thing to think about, do the DDP during the 1st half of the split stay, the credits are good until midnight of your check out day. Buy groceries for the 2nd half of your stay, (by then you will want a change of menu).

Here is another thing to think about, do the DDP during the 1st half of the split stay, the credits are good until midnight of your check out day. Buy groceries for the 2nd half of your stay, (by then you will want a change of menu).

Great recommendation. Although, in that case, I would do the standard DDP, not QS. It's hard to "win" with the QS DDP.

Great recommendation. Although, in that case, I would do the standard DDP, not QS. It's hard to "win" with the QS DDP.

IMO you don't win with any of the DDP options and Disney food isn't what it use to be.

You could do the QSDP and have some store bought food.

As time goes on we eat more in our Villa and off site.

Another vote for a split stay since it's 14 nights. Like others said, I'd split between an MK resort and an EP resort.

We don't do the dining plan, but we eat most QS and add a some sit down meals. I've been happy doing the dining that way.

Sounds like a GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!! Have fun:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter