Where We Ate - 12/1 Through 12/3

glawgirl

Mouseketeer
Just got back from another wonderful trip to Disney with my husband and my parents. Here are some reviews of where we ate. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Day 1:
Breakfast at Cracker Barrel - we love this place. We had pancakes with bacon and their hash brown casserole which is to die for.

Lunch at Mama Melrose at MGM. I had a flatbread pizza with chicken and sundried tomatoes which was excellent. My hubby had an italian sausage dishwith pasta. My mom had an eggplant lasagna dish and my dad had a bowl of their mintestrone soup. We had some cappucinos and split a creme brulee for desert. It was our first time at Mama Melrose and we would def. go back. The food was very very good and our waitress was very friendly and accomodating.

Dinner at Spoodles. This was out 2nd time at Spoodles. My mom and I split a shrimp appetizer and a flatbread with mozzarella and tomatoes. My husband and my dad each had the pork chops. We split a dulce de leche cheesecake and the flourless chocolate cake with grand marnier sauce. The service was great as always and the food was too die for.

Day 2:
Breakfast - Room service from the Hard Rock Hotel. We split a egg, ham and cheese omelette and an order of eggs benedict. Everything was great but even splitting it I was super full.

Lunch - Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. My mom, dad and I split this great appetizer that has a crab dip, tortilla chips, fried calamari, chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce and chicken chimichanga. Everything was excellent. My husband had their pasta with cajun sausage. The place was packed. The service was very good and everyone was very happy with their meals.

Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern - character dinner. It was the first time we have done their character dinner and we all loved it. Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale and Pluto were there and they all came by at least two times to have their pictures taken. The meal is served family style and consists of rolls with honey butter, salad, turkey, honey ham and pork, macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes, stuffing, carrots and apple cobbler. The food was excellent. We will definately be doing this again.

Day 3:
Breakfast - Starbucks mochachinos and croissants and Emack & Bolios at the Hard Rock Hotel. This place is great for a quick breakfast. They also have excellent ice cream.

Lunch - Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot. It was our first time at the Coral Reef and I had heard so many bad things about it but we loved it. The waiter was kind of snooty but we live on South Beach so we are accostumed to snooty waiters. The food was very good though. We each had the lobster bisque. It was super creamy and had big chunks of lobster in it. My parents each had a flounder dish with saffron sauce and they each had a egg nogg cheesecake. They were very happy with their food. I had the crabcakes. They were full of crab and were excellent. My husband had a lobster tail with mashed potatoes. We split a creme brulee for dessert. We will definately be returning to the Coral Reef. The food was great and the view of the fish tank can't be beat.

Dinner: Le Cellier. It was our first time at Le Cellier. We loved it. My mom and my husband each had the pork chop with mashed potatoes. I had the cheese soup which was outrageous and a ceaser salad. My dad had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and a side of asparagus. We fell in love with the pretzel bread. Everything was soooo good. I wish I could have kept on eating but no way! Our waitress was very friendly - she was from Ontario.

Anyway, I hope you find these helpful. If you need any further info, feel free to ask. Thanks.

You know I shouldn't read these reviews in the late afternoon...I am soooo hungry now.

Enjoyed your reviews.

Thank you for your reviews. Sounds like you had wonderful dining experiences. It's good to hear from someone so positive! :flower2:

Ali

Boy, what I wouldn't give for a cup of Coral Reef's lobster bisque, right now! Thanks for the memories (with the exception that our waiter was incredibly friendly).

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter