which cabin loop

yorkshiregirl

Mouseketeer
I have been reading all the posts re people's preferences for cabin sites and looking at the map but I am still unsure of which one would be best.

DD 16 and DS 14 on previous holidays have loved being in the pool at every opportunity. They also may want to venture off on their own sometimes in FW.

We are hiring a golf cart for 4 of our 7 days and will need to have access to buses for the other days. Don't usually mind walking but are not used to the heat that we will encounter in mid-July.

Want to eat at Trails End buffett, and will need to buy milk, bread etc at one of the stores as we won't have a car for our time in FW.

Hope you experts can suggest a likely site for us and then how we go about asking for it?
TIA

Hi yorkshiregirl,

On our last trip we stayed in a cabin in the 2100 loop. It was about a 5 minute walk to the main pool as well as about 5 minutes to the smaller pool. Take a look at this map to see where everything is located... http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/fwmapnew.jpg

You can request a specific loop when you make your reservation. It is also a good idea to fax your loop request to Fort Wilderness about 5 days before your arrival.

Trials End Buffet is great, but I would recommend trying other restaurants in the parks and other resorts as well. At the top of our list is Cape May and Chef Mickey's although your teenagers might think a character meal (Chef Mickey's) is only for kids (it's not!!).

Have fun and remember that the cabins do have A/C to help you with the July heat :D

Yorkshiregirl - I just posted to you on another thread that 2500 & 2600 were nice loops. Remember to ask for Isabel as your housekeeper if you're in 2500. You'd love her.

We just stayed in loop 2500 2 weeks ago. It was perfect. About a 1 minute walk to the pool and 1 minute walk to the bus stop.

Try the pizza place at FW. Great. Also, we liked Trails End Buffet.

We stayed for 9 days at a FW cabin this past May. We were in the 2600 loop...we loved it! It was only a few minutes walk to the pool and bus stop. We did not rent a golf cart...the buses worked well for us. Hope you have a great time. Sandie

We just returned last night from a week's stay in the cabins...loop 2300. It was very convenient to the pool and the bus stop. I faxed a request directly to FW a few days before our stay stating which loop I wanted and also a cabin situated closer to the bus stop. We were given cabin 2326 and it was perfect! The Trails End Buffeteria was excellent for breakfast...it was the only time we ate there but the food was good and plentiful and a bargain in Disney terms! The Pizza from Crockett's Tavern was also very good and another good deal. $12.99 for a large cheese pie.

I'd also like to suggest Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary....great food and a TON of fun, regardless of your age!! We did dinner there our first night and it was a hit with all of us!

Have a great time on your trip....I'm sure you'll love the FW cabins!!

Marcy

I should have added that we didn't rent a golf cart and got around just fine. Once we figured out the purple/orange and settlement/outpost system, we were good to go.

The only problem I encountered was trying to get a bus from Settlement back to my cabin after getting some ice cream for my kids at the trading post. The Hoop De Doo show had just let out and there were swarms of people trying to catch the bus. I had to wait for a while and the ice cream melted. Other than that, no problems at all.

Thank you for all the replies:) It looks as if there is no 'bad' loop of cabins judging by your experiences.
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter