Which character meals are the best and why??

poohlover

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom!
Just trying to get in some "new" meals for our trip over Thanksgiving. Buffets are the best with 6 kids fighting over what type of meal they all want.

Let's have some ideas.

I love 1900 Park Fare, character intervention is excellent and the food is great! Crystal Palace is excellent too, but is closed for repairs until dec. I also love the plaza restaurant, they don't have fancy meals and no characters, but the food there is awesome! They have the best sandwiches and salads as well as shakes and ice cream.

Our favorite characture meal is still Liberty tree tavern in the MK. Its not buffet, but its family style. the charactures were wonderful. the manager made a point of taking our older son around to meet everyone away from our table and our terrified infant. the charactures made a point of obviously sneaking past the baby which delighted our oldest........

Breakfastasaurus at AK. Food is great, and character interaction is excellent, and I love the setting.

We just returned from DW on 8/10...we've done quite a few character meals over the years, but this time we decided to try Garden Grill in the Land at EPCOT - we really loved it. The food was good and the characters came around to our table at least 3 or 4 times (and my girls are 16 and 11, not toddlers). The revolving restaurant also adds to the atmosphere. This is one I'd do again...

1900 Park Fare, Breakfastosaurus, Chef Mickey's breakfast, and the Ice Cream Social at Garden Grill are all good choices.

We particularly enjoyed the Crystal Palace for breakfast (Pooh and Friends) and Hollywood and Vine (Minnie and Friends) for lunch. The food was excellent and there was a great variety. The place turned into a party where Minnie and Goofy and friends danced with all of the guests. The adults were getting into it too!!

Have fun!
Tigger's Pal
:jester:

Hi, I was also curious about where to have a character breakfast! We are going to Disney Jan.6th and staying at the Beach Club Villas. This will be our first trip w/ our daughter (3yrs old). I know that almost all the Disney restaurants are "kid friendly",but does anybody have favorite places you have eaten w/ your children?
Thanks!
-Beth:)

So far Chef Mickey's is our favorite, we really enjoy their breakfast buffet. We're looking forward to trying Liberty Tree Tavern for our upcoming trip, too.

We did the character breakfast in the castle back in 1996 and we didn't like the food and all of the characters did not make it to our table, so I would have to say that was our least favorite. I have been thinking of trying it again, though. Is the food good? Is it still pre-plated?

Thanks,
Angel
:D

Our girls were 4 (we celebrated her b-day on the actual day with breakfast at the Crystal Palace) and 6. I guess it depends who her favorite characters are. Our girls loved Pooh and Piglet, so we were in the right place! Now they have a new princess breakfast at Akarshus in Epcot. Disney=Kid-friendly. You will have no troubles finding something that she will hopefully remember forever! Make your ressies soon...as soon as you can. Look at the dining page for more info.

Tigger's Pal

Our favorites are Cape May Cafe for Breakfast, and Garden Grille for dinner. We usually hit both of these each trip.

People often comment about how good or poor the character interaction was at a certain restaurants. I have had good and less good experiences at the same restaurant and I think alot depends on how crowded it is that day, along with other factors.

So, my question is- is there really much of a difference in interaction among the various character meals, or is it just a matter of luck? Is one regularly better than the others?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter