• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which concierge do you prefer: WL or AKL?

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
Both of these concierges are on my list of things to try as soon as I can. Do you prefer the WL concierge or the AKL concierge and why? :)

We stayed at WL a few weeks ago and upgraded to concierge. The type of room we asked for wasn't available on the 7th floor so we stayed in our 2nd floor room and had access to the concierge floor. The CMs were really kind and got things that DD liked to eat w/o even being asked. They just heard her request something and brought it right over. Everytime we saw one of the CMs he/she would ask if we needed anything. The breakfast, snacks and desserts were good and it was nice to have a glass of wine in the evening. It was also nice to have a good cup of coffee not the stuff served in Roaring Forks. We also enjoyed watching the lobby activity from the 7th floor lounge area.

I'm looking forward to seeing some input on this topic, as well. We stayed at AKL in March and just loved their concierge services. We will be at WL in October, also concierge, so I'm hoping to see some great reports.

Donna C.

CEDmom, it's great to read another glowing review of WL concierge. I've been reading lots of very positive stuff about it lately on these boards. :)

I am also very interested in this thread. What is the view from the lounges at WL and AKL? The one at the Poly is hard to beat (palm trees, beach, lagoon and of course Cinderella's castle...), and we were disappointed by the lack of view from Beach Club, and while GF was much better, it could not match the Poly...

Mike

While I absolutely adore Randall, who is at the WL concierge, I'd have to choose concierge at the AKL just for the Sunrise Safari (oh, and that amazing coffee machine they have!).

Laura, which did you prefer the food offerings of? I'm not a gourmet sort of gal when it comes to eating, so I am looking for yummy, but pretty normal foods. :teeth:

great topic!
I'd love to hear more reviews and comparisons on the WL and AKL concierge! :)

Laura :)

...about how much can I expect to pay for AKL concierge w/DC membership? (for a early Sept "mini" trip)?? I'm considering this for my DH and myself for a 20-yr Anniv. vaca......

kimmar, I believe that Disney Club discounts are typically 10-15% off of rack rates for deluxe resorts, but I'm not positive. I'm sure that www.mousesavers.com will have all the info though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter