Which dinner reservation would you drop?

nikkispurrell

Earning My Ears
I need to drop one since I only have 7 dining credits. Have never been to either of these. All are dinner reservations. I have two toddlers (age 1.5 and 3.5y) if that helps :)

Chef Mickey's
Tusker House (ROL)
Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic)
Be Our Guest
Cinderella's Royal Table
Garden Grill
Coral Reef

Thanks in advance!

That's a lot of character dining. I would drop Chef Mickey's since I personally don't care for the food and you will get to see the same characters at some of your other meals.

And if you wanted to switch up some character meals with something still fun for the kids, you could try Ohana, Biergarten, Raglan Road, Hoop Dee Doo, or whispering Canyon Cafe.

Most people are going to tell you Chef Mickey's. If you asked me a year ago, I would have said the same.
But now I suggest getting rid of Coral Reef.
We were always big fans of this place until our last trip. I had the seafood scampi and was really disappointed. It didn't have much taste at all. It came with 3 shrimp, 3 muscles, and 3 little scallops. Not what you would expect for a $30 meal.
My kids are picky eaters and didn't like their food choices either.
The service was also painfully slow. Getting our food was slow. Getting drink refills was slow. Getting the check was slow. Getting her to come back to scan our magic bands took forever.
It was almost 2 hours before we go out of there.

Garden Grill, there are better places to eat at EPCOT and since you are having lots of characters meal you won't miss much, latest menu changes and the outdated decor is enough reason to drop it

That's a lot of character dining. I would drop Chef Mickey's since I personally don't care for the food and you will get to see the same characters at some of your other meals.

And if you wanted to switch up some character meals with something still fun for the kids, you could try Ohana, Biergarten, Raglan Road, Hoop Dee Doo, or whispering Canyon Cafe.
Thanks for your response :) Raglan Road would be nice since we are at POFQ and can get the ferry. Do you know if they take walk ins (like TREX) or is a reservation a must?

Thinking about dynamics with little ones. Strongly suggest you look at the menu at coral reef. For us our kids hated the food. It made for really tedious meals. Yeah because we went back there the next year thinking they might like the food more. Nope. TBH I didn't enjoy the food much either. If your kids eat and like the food you might do better.

I would not cancel chef mickeys. I find the food is good enough and there's a lot of variety and more importantly my kids loved seeing all the favorite classic Mickey characters.

For be our guest strongly suggest with little ones you ask not to be placed in rose room. It's dark a little scary and with little ones you can't see anything. It is hands down our favorite restaurant but for little ones that particular room is not suggested. We were "fortunate" enough to be placed right by the rose. I thought that was cool but every 2 minutes people were coming up and taking pictures of the rose and I found it quite invasive. Our kids found it distracting and they ended up not eating much and took it as an invitation if everyone else is up walking around they could get up too.

You have some great reservations you'll love it!!

Another vote for Chef Mickeys! We ate there in January '16 and it was an awful experience - we'll never go there again. But, full disclosure, we didn't eat at BOG, Garden Grill, or Corel Reef so I'm not sure about those. Our favorite meal of the whole trip was CRT, but, it was our first morning there and we had a pre park opening ADR - we were definitely on a Disney high that morning (plus, dd was 5 at the time and obsessed with princesses). We also enjoyed Tusker House and Hollywood and Vine.

I'd ditch Chef Mickeys. Food sucks, and you'll get to see most of the characters at both Garden Grill and Tusker House.
Garden Grill is awesome, keep that one. Breakfast in particular is great!
As my second choice, i'd ditch Coral Reef.

Thanks for your response :) Raglan Road would be nice since we are at POFQ and can get the ferry. Do you know if they take walk ins (like TREX) or is a reservation a must?

Depending on the day of the week and time of the year, you might be able to walk in for a table at Raglan Road, but I would highly recommend getting ADRs if it's someplace you'd really like to try. Especially with young kids. We had to wait about 45 minutes in September with a 1 year old, and that was with reservations. But we were able to walk around outside to keep her active, and she loved watching the show onstage, so it all worked out.

I would drop CRT and add Akurshus for the princesses. We have not eaten at CRT but I can't bring myself to us 2 credits for it. We have ate at Akurshus twice and really like it.

I am not a fan of Chef Mickey's either. We had a very bad experience their.

Is 'almost all of the above' an option? ;)

We had a great meal at TH and H and V, so I would leave those. All the other are "meh" in my opinion. And, lots of characters/mediocre food/waiting around....esp with toddlers.

Of the ones you have, I would drop Coral Reef first, then CRT

We have eaten at all those places over the past few years with our son (between the ages of 2-6) and the one I would ditch would be Coral Reef. I had the same experience as a previous poster with the meal taking 2 hours, which for us was waaaaayyyy too long with a child.
We have had great dinners at all the other locations: Tusker House we had an end of the night reservation and it was nearly empty so the characters were playing hide and seek with the kids after they had visited all the tables about 4 times, Garden Grill we had an early dinner ADR and the characters were so sweet with my son who was 2 at the time and terrified of them...they played peek a boo and were able to get him to warm right up, we did a birthday dinner at Chef Mickey's in September and everyone in our party of 7 enjoyed the food and liked the character interaction (not at laid back as TH or GG but still fun), and then Hollywood and Vine (assuming it is the character meal with Disney Jr) DS had a blast at as the characters have kids come up and do songs and dances with them.
Great choices, have fun!!

Personally, I would check out you tube videos of Fantasmic and then decide. This show can be pretty intense for youngsters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter