Which handicapped parking is closer to the parks, AAA handicapped or Regular parking

freemore

Mouseketeer
Which handicapped parking is closer to the parks, AAA handicapped or regular parking handicapped? Some will have scooters and some won't. Thanks
Lene

Welcome to disABILITIES. :wave:
I may be mistaken, but I don't think the AAA has a handicapped portion. Generally, the AAA parking area is close to the handicapped parking (like just beyond or next to it), so I guess you would find the handicapped parking lot is closer.
Neither the AAA area nor the handicapped parking area have tram service, so those without scooters will need to walk. That's not a problem for any of the parks except MK. The handicapped lot at MK is what is described as "a bit of a hike" from the TTC. Once you get to the TTC, you still need to walk farther to get to either the boat (the farther walk) or the monorail (up a very steep, long ramp). For that reason, we usually suggest people ride the buses to MK if they are staying on site. The bus stop is a short walk to the park tunstiles.
Just in case you are not aware;
- You do need a handicapped parking permit brought from your home state to park in the handicapped parking spaces.
- If you are going during the holidays, there is a blackout period on the AAA parking permitsfor the busiest time periods.
- You still have to parking, even with a AAA permit or handicapped permit (but if you are staying on site, parking is free).

we parked in the regular handicapped last year at the parks and it was right infront of the main entrances. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter