• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which meal to pay cash

mvbuch

Earning My Ears
We have 11 ADR for our up coming trip and 10 dinning credits.

Sanna
Cinderalla Roayl Breakfast
Yak & Yeti
Teppan Edo
Chef De France
Sci Fi Cafe
Cape May
Wispering Canyon
Boma
1900 Park Fair Breakfast.

We can either pay for the Royal Table with cash or pay for two meals cash.

What sounds like the better option or should we just drop some meals?

I'm probably a minority on this one but, I think it makes more sense to pay for one meal rather then two. You can do the math if you really wanted and see which works out to be cheaper. We are paying for hddr on our next trip because we get better seating and then we won't have to pay for any ts meals

What dislover said. CRT breakfast is (I believe) $34.99 for an adult. That's giving you a per-credit value of $17.49. Any of those other meals would cost you most than $17.49 OOP. So, pay for CRT OOP! :thumbsup2

Just my two cents!

Breakfast is usually cheaper than other meals. So I would probably compare CRT breakfast with 1900 Park Fare breakfast & Sci-Fi.

CRT breakfast might be the cheapest, but to the pp, I looked on allears.net and from August, it's $45 for an adult, $30 for a kid, which means it's probably more than that now.

According to allears.net, 1900 Park Fare is $22.36 for an adult and $12.77 for a kid (from last year) so also more than that. Check out what you would want from Sci-Fi, but the burger itself is $13.99, which doesn't include drinks or dessert. But there are some more expensive meals at Sci-Fi, and that was for lunch.

Run the numbers and then decide.

Actually you have 11 TS credits booked with ADRs, and only 10 TS credits available from the dining plan. So you need to either cancel one TS meal, or pay out of pocket for it.

Why would you pay OOP for a 2TScredit meal, when you only need to pay OOP for 1 TS credit?

You could go to the trouble of calculating the price of every single TS meal for everyone in your party, to figure out which one is the cheapest.

Or do this: pick out the meals that are NOT buffet, fixed price, or family style. This leaves the ala carte meals (which are USUALLY cheaper). Look at the menus for these to see what you would most likely order. Calculate the price of a sample meal at each place. Select the cheapest one and pay OOP for it.

Just at a glance, and without doing the math, but having eaten at most of these places, I would hazard a guess that your cheapest meal will probably be at Sci Fi or Yak & Yeti.

What dislover said. CRT breakfast is (I believe) $34.99 for an adult. That's giving you a per-credit value of $17.49. Any of those other meals would cost you most than $17.49 OOP. So, pay for CRT OOP! :thumbsup2

Just my two cents!

The latest numbers I found on CRT breakfast was $47 +tax for adults.

Since you only have to eliminate 1 TS meal (you have 10 other ressies and 10 TS creds), I would pay OOP for 1900 Park Fairs. It is sitting at about $25 each for adults

Breakfast is usually cheaper than other meals. So I would probably compare CRT breakfast with 1900 Park Fare breakfast & Sci-Fi.

CRT breakfast might be the cheapest, but to the pp, I looked on allears.net and from August, it's $45 for an adult, $30 for a kid, which means it's probably more than that now.

According to allears.net, 1900 Park Fare is $22.36 for an adult and $12.77 for a kid (from last year) so also more than that. Check out what you would want from Sci-Fi, but the burger itself is $13.99, which doesn't include drinks or dessert. But there are some more expensive meals at Sci-Fi, and that was for lunch.

Run the numbers and then decide.

The latest numbers I found on CRT breakfast was $47 +tax for adults.

Since you only have to eliminate 1 TS meal (you have 10 other ressies and 10 TS creds), I would pay OOP for 1900 Park Fairs. It is sitting at about $25 each for adults

Whew, I guess I was totally off! that is one expensive breakfast! :scared1:

Regardless, you want to get the maximum value per credit. So crunch some numbers, and pay OOP for the one that is the cheapest per credit. Enjoy! :thumbsup2

I have looked at most of the menus and prices and it looks like SCi-Fi would be your cheapest meal listed.

Either pay OOP for Sci-Fi OR add one TS meal and pay OOP for CRT (That way you get a whole extra meal out of the deal).

i have a different take on the situation than most... my advice is to pay for the last meal OOP... because you never know what is going to happen, use your credits as you go along... if for some reason you skip a meal, or two, or someone becomes ill, the cash goes home with you but the credits stay at wdw!

we were very happy not to have paid OOP early in our trip when we were locked in our room for 24 hours for a hurricane... or when we miscalculated our family's stamina by day 7 and just could.not.leave.the.resort after nap time... or when our 16yo informed us that she was planning to sleep thru b'fast each and every day so we had to "absorb" her unused credits... or when the skies opened up and did not stop raining for hours and we missed our CM ressie because we did not want to arrive soaking wet looking like drowned rats (from our resort at BC) and food courted it instead!

You'd have to rearrange things, but you could do the princess breakfast in Epcot instead of CRT and it's only 1 credit...

I would pay OOP for the last meal as well. If they are in order, 1900 PF shouldn't be overly expensive. I wouldn't pay for CRT OOP at all. That means you'll have an extra credit floating around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter