which place, which day

brandi~momof3

Mouseketeer
we will be in San Diego July 31-August 3rd (we check out at leave this day)

So that is a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, we have to do Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. We have tickets for both places. Any advice on which days are best for each place? Also any ideas for a nice family beach or activity for the 3rd day?
TIA:goodvibes

As far as a beach, we spent a day at Coronado Island last week and it was great! There is a big beach right by the Hotel Del Coronado. There are all kinds of little shops and restaurants on the island. There is also an area that has a park and a place to walk along the water.

Saturday and Sunday are going to be very busy for both the zoo and SeaWorld, and I would probably recommend SeaWorld on Saturday if the hours are much longer, so you have more time to see shows and exhibits. But I think any day you go to either, you will have crowds but a great time!

For beaches, I like La Jolla Shores because there is a parking lot and a playground in addition to the beach. It's not the prettiest beach. Coronado is a great suggestion, and you might also look into Mission Beach.

We did Seaworld on Saturday 06/12. We arrived about 12, rode Atlantis with no wait. Then basically went from show to show until about 7, we saw everything except pets rule. They are all great, definetly don't miss any of them.
We then rode the other rides and did Shamu Rocks. Make sure you check when you arrive, they have tables with wristbands for Blue Horizons DON'T MISS!
We did the Zoo on Sunday not too crowded.
We did the animal park on Monday. Not crowded but hot.

We went to Cabrillo National Monument. My kids are 13, there is an AMAZING view of San Diego and some tidepools to see I wouldn't miss this.

We did a snorkling lesson at La Jolla, it was OK,that depends on the weather. The beach is nice though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter