Which resort to pick for FTP?

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
We have been to Disney three times, but honestly they have been in a value resort, with lower priced codes.

We just booked the FTP yesterday morning, and we got the usualy All Star room.

With our family, they are getting older (almost 6, almost 9 on the trip) how would a different hotel feel?

The moderates are a good choice, and we are also thinking of Wilderness Lodge. We don't like things overtly fancy, (for example we are not GF people), but something different would be nice.

My kids are active, very active. They are very easy to please as well., they really don't have a preference. My DH didn't care either.

So far we have narrowed these hotels off the list, Poly/GF/Contemporary.. GF is too fancy, and Poly/Contemporary are too 70's looking for us...

What would you choose?

Of the resorts I've stayed at, Coronado Springs (moderate) is my favorite, with Animal Kingdom Lodge (deluxe) a close second .

I would try Coronado. It has a great pool area with a fantastic waterslide! Three different themed areas, water activites, bike rentals, great resturants, and great bus service. We loved our stay there and can't wait to go back! View doesn't really matter here, since you probably won't have your curtains open. DH thought it was such a great deal, that we see no need to go back to the values, unless we want to squeeze in an extra trip.

AKL is always a little harder for me to recommend, simply because I paid for a standard view and received a free upgrade to DELUXE room with a pool view. I paid $119, but did not get the "standard room" experience, so it's hard for me to judge. If I go back , I would book a savannah view or at least a pool view, which was gorgeous at night! The rest of the resort is amazing! Everything was first class, without being "stuffy". I think you would be happy here , too. Like I said, thoguh, I didn't stay in a standard room.

About the Poly...

I felt the same way you did, until I went there for dinner. This place is beautiful!!!! You actually feel like you are on some polynesian island! Your kids can swim and have a PERFECT view of the castle!
'Ohana was great and I can't wait to try staying there one day!

Hi Cindy,
I would choose the Animal Kingdom Lodge:) you will get a chance to see the animals all day out of your balcony, they have bunkbeds and a double bed in some of the rooms, game room, nice resturants, pool and play area, the rooms are in corridors you will not get rain up your door, I like the decor, it is faster if you have your own car since the only transportation is buses.

Have you consider trying one of the EPCOT resorts?

It is really great to be able to walk or ride the boat to EPCOT and MGM. This works great at night after Fantasmic or Illuminations. Our kids also love watching all the performers on the boardwalk. THere is a lot to do in this area. The pools are also great. Both the YC/BC and the BW have slides.

Nothing like getting a bunch of different opinions! :p That's what's so great about these boards.

Now, I wil chime in with my opinion. Try WL! It's beautiful, it has bunk beds, the boat to MK as I think your kids are still into MK at their ages. It's not "snobby" & we had a beautiful view of Cindy's castle & the fireworks. I will give AKL the edge for BOMA but you can just visit there for the food.

You can watch the water pageant & your close enough to visit FW for the campfire, petting zoo, etc.

Have fun with your decision. No matter where you stay, I'm sure your family will have a great time!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

If a moderate is more suited to your budget, I would definitely try Coronado, our favorite! It is just beautiful, the pool is great, and they have a fabulous food court with lots of good selections. It has the feel of a deluxe, I think, and our kids were the same age as yours the last time we went and they just LOVED it. A great choice! Having walked into the Value resorts, trust me, you won't believe the difference. Go for it and make this vacation special and different!

Cindy B, for a Fairytale Vacation Package, how can you go with anything less than what your heart desires? I would sit down and decide what resort you truly want to stay in, and then I would book it. After all, that's what fairytales are made of.

Ok, after much thought, we decided on Wilderness Lodge.. We wanted something nice but not fru fru, and someplace that well didn't make me nervous with my active kids!

We loved the WL with our then, 4yo DD & 10yo niece. Great choice!:teeth: :wave:

Cindy B, congratulations on picking your fairytale resort! The WL is a gorgeous resort. As a matter of fact, I was just loading some video footage of that resort on my home computer about an hour ago (I shot it a few years ago). I had forgotten how gorgeous that resort was until I was watching my video footage. It made me want to hop right on a plane and fly out to WDW immediately.

Have fun planning your fairytale vacation! And don't forget to check out Dreams Unlimited Travel's video footage of that resort: click here for DU's "WL Resort" webpage. :D

You will love the WL as our family does. We first stayed there when our kids were 9 and 7 and were there again in February. The bunk beds are a big plus, and with active kids, you might ask for a Woods' View room- north side- in the middle of the first floor- such as 1022. The location is fantastic; convenient to the pool, boat dock and Raoring Fork-for all of those mug refills! You overlook the otter pond and can see the MK fireworks from your patio! Have a great trip:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter