Which Resort to Pick?

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
We have never stayed at any of the three that I am on the fence about, Contemporary, BC, or Poly.
We are 2 adults and are going the week before Thanksgiving week 2022. I did book Poly, standard room but the the price tag...ugh.....We don't go often, the last time was 6 years ago and this might be our last trip either forever or a very long time. Which would you choose and why? Thanks.

We have never stayed at any of the three that I am on the fence about, Contemporary, BC, or Poly.
We are 2 adults and are going the week before Thanksgiving week 2022. I did book Poly, standard room but the the price tag...ugh.....We don't go often, the last time was 6 years ago and this might be our last trip either forever or a very long time. Which would you choose and why? Thanks.
How important is the pool? The CR pool is pretty meh. BC pool is probably the best-loved on property, so much so that CMs guard the entrance gates and check to ensure that you're actually staying at YC/BC/BCV. Poly volcano pool is beautiful but can be noisy at times.

For theme, I give Poly the nod. The new Incredible redo of CR just doesn't thrill me. BC is okay but not on the level of Poly.

BC gets my top spot for dining because it has backdoor access to Epcot, and easy access to all of the YC&BC BWI S/D restaurants plus Skyliner to Riviera.

If the parks are your primary interest, the BC has boats and walking paths to both Epcot and HS. Poly has boats and monorail to MK, and a long walk thru GF to MK. CR is an easier walk to MK plus the monorail if you feel like riding the entire loop before getting to MK.

Food & Wine Festival has been extended in recent years by about a week, usually ending a week or so before Thanksgiving week (depending on how late Thanksgiving falls). If you are interested in F&W, stay at the BC and you can easily walk to Epcot. BC still hasn't been cartoonified like Polynesian and Contemporary Resorts with large cartoon murals and touches in the room. With park admission you could easily walk from BC over to Epcot to dine at many of the table service locations there.

There is also a boat or you can hop the Skyliner (at the International Gateway at Epcot) to Hollywood Studios. BC and the BC villas have several leisure pools (no slide, no theming) if you decide you don't want the challenge of Stormalong Bay and the pool is important to you.

Previous poster did a great job outlining the pros of Poly and Beach. I vote a split stay at Poly and Beach! They are two of my favorites and this is what I planned for my upcoming stay. We are moving from Poly to Beach on our Epcot day, since we most likely can’t get into the park until later if Epcot keeps with a late morning open at 11.

Nostalgia sends me to Contemporary.
Stayed there as a kid and was in awe.
Now, if I didn’t have that nostalgia, I’d pick Poly because I love a luau and Moana, and the monorail, and cheesey tiki culture.

2 adults - BC. You will be so close to EP, DHS and everything the EP resorts have to offer.

Which resort, animal kingdom kidani or bay lake towers? 2 adults, 3 kids ages 10, 7 & 7. Will be about a 5 or 6 night trip.

Our kids love Animal Kingdom so that would be my choice. My dh however would choose Bay Lake. Both are great although AK has longer bus rides.

Which resort, animal kingdom kidani or bay lake towers? 2 adults, 3 kids ages 10, 7 & 7. Will be about a 5 or 6 night trip.

We have always enjoyed staying at BLT, even our kids! We stayed there for their very first WDW trip (at ages 4&6), and subsequent visits and they still want to return, years later. We love the convenience of being on the monorail loop including multiple resort dining possibilities, plus the option to walk to MK.

Among all three, I would pick BC. If you have not stayed at YC, try YC over BC! YC is a lot quieter than BC. My family just came back from a week at YC. Although we didn't enjoy our time at the parks, we love our time spent at YC. Besides, there are evening entertainments over at Boardwalk which is a short walk or a boat ride over. Poly is just overrated to me. I don't enjoy going outside of the building in order to go to the food court and lobby.

Those are all fantastic resorts!

BC will be much closer to Epcot (walking) and Studios with the Skyliner. Contemporary is right next to Magic Kingdom, but I personally don't care for the theming. Poly has way better theming and a better pool, and is still very close to Magic Kingdom. So I would lean towards keeping Poly, especially if you don't go that often. But if you're spending a lot of the trip in Epcot and Studios, maybe switch to BC.

If I thought it was going to be my last time going for that long, I would choose Poly. I love the theming, I love the music outside...also big plus for me is room size. Easy access to MK and monorail direct to EP if you like walking and take the nice stroll over to the TTC.

Regarding pools, yes, the BC pool is bigger, but I actually like the quiet pool at Poly. Yes, as other posters have indicated, great food options staying at EP resort, but you also can't beat all the food options close by on the monorail loop if staying at Poly.

No matter which u choose, hope u have a fantastic time and worth that long wait!

I’d stay with Poly. Beautiful grounds, love watching MK fireworks from the beach. Great dining options and easy access to all the MK resorts for dining.
Short walk to Epcot monorail. Request either 1st floor for patio or 3rd floor for balcony.
BC is nice but I prefer YC. Don’t book standard view at BC/YC. They can be awful. Probably worst views of any resort.
CR never appealed to me.
If this is your last trip splurge for Poly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter