Which resort would you NOT stay at again...

lolash I travel with a white noise sound machine ( you can find them at BB&B.) and love it for blocking out other peoples Tv's and screaming small children and rude slamming doors in hotels. It helps if your bothered by a/c coming on and off etc too.

lolash I travel with a white noise sound machine ( you can find them at BB&B.) and love it for blocking out other peoples Tv's and screaming small children and rude slamming doors in hotels. It helps if your bothered by a/c coming on and off etc too.

I actually use a white noise app on my phone nightly at home and on vaca. The noise level at pop was pretty excessive to me. If I stayed again I’d probably need ear plugs lol

CSR for sure. We've stayed at most of the resorts at this point, and our CSR stay was just about the only stay where we wished we could have a do-over. We stayed for 8 days at CSR, then a extended day at POP and wished we had just stayed at POP the entire time. As nice as CSR was, it seemed more like a Marriott than a Disney Resort to us. If we're paying Disney bucks, we expect better themeing. The overall layout was also a turnoff for us. I understand many changes have likely taken place since we went, but we felt like we were in prison at the food court. You get your food, then sit in an iron gated area and pay before you leave. I much preferred situations like Poly or AoA where you can get your food and sit outside without much hassle. I'm sure there are those that love CSR, but not for us. I suspect the biggest issue comes down to Value vs Moderate vs Deluxe. We like most of the Deluxes and most of the Values. The moderates feel like an un-happy medium for us. You don't save as much money as you do staying at the values, but you also don't get the themeing you would get for the money of the Deluxes. If we're saving money, we'll be at a value. If it's an all out trip, we'll be at a deluxe.

From the above post, Contemporary is a big red flag to us as well. Man, it's hard to beat that Theme Park view, but we have a 2 and 3 year old, and the food options were terrible for our family as a whole. The kids hated every plate at that resort. That's honestly a deal breaker for us.

What food options at CR were a problem for your kiddos? Was it Contempo Cafe that they didn't like?

PO:R for our family for sure.

Buses were awful. Took forever to make the loop around and the location, in respect to our room, was through the parking lot and across the road so every time we went to the bus, you removed yourself from the feel of the resort and the Disney experience. People were complaining the entire we were there so that magnified it even more.

I simply didn't feel it was worth the money. Our family felt like our room was in the middle of an overgrown swap lol. However, the main area was really beautiful. They also had life music most night, water slide, and a couple of other nice points but overall, it just didn't feel Disney to us comparable to other stays.

We’ve stayed at POFQ, Contemporary, WL, CBR, ASMu, ASMo-3 Times. I will not book a trip again that includes staying a CBR or contemporary. Why? Because CBR we stayed 5 nights and not even once could I find my room without getting lost. I felt the hotel was nice, but the rooms smelled musty, were run down, carpet was gross, and the room felt under lighted.....just dark. Food court was nothing exciting. Contemporary......I cannot justify the price per night for a mediocre room, the Hilton Garden inn is a better room for a fraction of the price. Obviously I know you are paying for the hotel being on the monorail, having chef mickeys and Cali grill in the hotel.....but honestly not worth more than $275 a night. We liked POFQ ......we have a room booked there now for Oct. 2018, Just tried adding an additional night with an additional park hopper day plus Disney dining plan for that extra day and my price went up by $804..... for one night.....$804. Lololol it’s a glorified value resort, seriously!!!!!????? So with that being said I’m moving Us to POP which we’ve never stayed but thought we’d try. We are a family of 3. Myself, hubs and 19 year old son. We are there to ride rides and stay out late, at this point I’ll save that $804 and pay for us to do a tour or something. I can’t comment on pools cause none of us do public pools. Loved WL, reminded me of rich people camping lol. Our room was nice, we were treated well, and the grounds were beautiful. ASMu was ok.....I didn’t have any issues there at all, just préfères the ASMo. ASMo is one of our faves. Never had a bad stay there, every time I request a building we get put there, like the toy story building a lot. If I can’t get into POP we will return to ASMo for sure....toy story building. Lol

Boardwalk Villas- long hallways and you have to go outdoors to get to the bakery and large giftshop. We prefer Beach Club Villa because we like to walk to Epcot

Boardwalk, which is odd because I love the area. Beach Club is my favorite and the Swan and Dolphin are usually my second option. Not sure what it is.

I would say Caribbean. It was a pretty resort and I have no other complaint other than transportation - bus is the only option unless you have a car or hire a taxi. Now that they are adding the gondolas, it will be better.

we have stayed at POR and French QTR - liked the boat option to disney springs.

I love the poly due to the transportation and beauty. Husband loves boardwalk because hollywood studios is his favorite and he can walk their easily.

Wilderness lodge is nice too.

Never stayed at the values.

CSR for sure. We've stayed at most of the resorts at this point, and our CSR stay was just about the only stay where we wished we could have a do-over. We stayed for 8 days at CSR, then a extended day at POP and wished we had just stayed at POP the entire time. As nice as CSR was, it seemed more like a Marriott than a Disney Resort to us. If we're paying Disney bucks, we expect better themeing. The overall layout was also a turnoff for us. I understand many changes have likely taken place since we went, but we felt like we were in prison at the food court. You get your food, then sit in an iron gated area and pay before you leave. I much preferred situations like Poly or AoA where you can get your food and sit outside without much hassle. I'm sure there are those that love CSR, but not for us. I suspect the biggest issue comes down to Value vs Moderate vs Deluxe. We like most of the Deluxes and most of the Values. The moderates feel like an un-happy medium for us. You don't save as much money as you do staying at the values, but you also don't get the themeing you would get for the money of the Deluxes. If we're saving money, we'll be at a value. If it's an all out trip, we'll be at a deluxe.

The Pepper Market now works like any other resort QS. You get your food, pay, then find a place to sit.

For me - it’s Animal Kingdom Villas - DVC...maybe it’s because we stayed in a studio and we normally stay in a 1Br - but I just found the room very dark and small...the bathroom was tiny too ...I did enjoy watching the animals though.

Boardwalk Villas- long hallways and you have to go outdoors to get to the bakery and large giftshop. We prefer Beach Club Villa because we like to walk to Epcot

Yes, at Boardwalk, if it's raining, you will get wet going for CS. At BCV you stay dry, not only going for CS, but also, you can get to B&C,

Music. One night was enough. Never again. Hated the layout of the resort. Took forever to get to the main building. Its dark and dingy. And the resort looks tired. This is aside from the fact that my room had bed bugs.

We wont stay at any of the moderates again except maybe POFQ. We enjoy the all stars if we are staying in the parks a lot and will pay for WL if we are relaxing more. To me the price point for moderates is not worth the minimal upgrades.

My family liked Boardwalk .......although I have to agree the HALLWAYS are SUPER LONG and after a long day at the park it was miserable. We absolutely hated going outside for our food or drinks every single time. (yes there is a bar inside that opens later in the day for coffee and drinks but...) I would stay there again but just for a few days...never a full stay again

I chuckled at my husband everytime he headed down the long hallway turned the corner...down another long hallway....got on the elevator....down the back stairs to the outside ...walked down the boardwalk toward the bakery/ice cream place to fill up his Disney Cup. I had our hotel room stocked with pop & water but he was determined to get his $ worth for that darn cup. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Last edited:
PO:R for our family for sure.
...Our family felt like our room was in the middle of an overgrown swap lol. However, the main area was really beautiful. They also had life music most night, water slide, and a couple of other nice points but overall, it just didn't feel Disney to us comparable to other stays.
The theme is Louisiana, Mississippi River side areas, thus the swamp. We love walking there because it reminds us of living in Louisiana with the Live Oaks, azaleas and other plants.

Last year we stayed at POP and they put us in a room (non-renovated) butting up against all the construction - there was machinery right outside our door. We didn't realize this until Monday (we arrived Saturday) since I guess they were off work for the weekend, so by the time we knew how bad it would be we had settled in and didn't want to bother switching rooms.

We had decided not to ever stay there again but did change our minds and are giving it another chance in November since hopefully all the construction will be done.

Coronado Springs for me. Awful doesn't even begin to describe my experience there, and I just hated it from the moment I arrived. Hated the architecture, hated the size (too big), hated the food court, hated the gift shop, hated the room, hated the buses. UGH. We had just come from Cabana Bay (which was brand new at the time) and we wished we had been back there every night we were at CBR. It actually almost ruined the Disney part of our trip, we hated it so much.

Me too! Sadly I didn't like one thing about the resort...the theming, the layout, the rooms, the dining choices, etc. I really strongly disliked it. And, it wasn't about amenities. I love the value resorts. I would never stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter