Which resorts have wait staff at the pool?

BamaGuy44

DIS Veteran
We don't tend to spend that much time at the WDW pools, but it was nice when we stayed at Poly last year to have CMs taking drink and food orders at the pool. And the service was pretty good, IMO.

So I'm wondering which DVC resorts offer this? We didn't notice anyone at the RIV pool last year but we were at the quiet pool, not the main pool. I can't tell you the suffering I faced having to walk all the way to Bar Riva and back so DW and I would have some margaritas to sip in the hot tub. 😎

I can tell you Stormalong Bay at BC/YC/BCV has staff taking your food and drink orders at your chair. We've also spend a lot of time at the AKL pools, and I do not recall any service there - but the pool bars (and The Mara at Jambo) are very close and an easy, if not 'suffering' walk!! No recent experiences at the pools to add to the answers.....

The BRV pool at the WL also had wait staff checking in on people at the pool. Not sure about the main pool. It was nice.

Last edited:

I had the same question earlier in the week regarding BLT.

The Beach pool at VGF had staff for this. It was nice.

I can tell you Stormalong Bay at BC/YC/BCV has staff taking your food and drink orders at your chair. We've also spend a lot of time at the AKL pools, and I do not recall any service there - but the pool bars (and The Mara at Jambo) are very close and an easy, if not 'suffering' walk!! No recent experiences at the pools to add to the answers.....
In January of 2024 the feature pool at Kidani had waitstaff for food and drinks. (At least during the day)

I think it depends on staffing and how busy the pool areas are. I've seen servers at many deluxe resort pool areas but it's hit or miss. I asked about it and I was told that sometimes they don't have to staff to cover the pool area.

We don't tend to spend that much time at the WDW pools, but it was nice when we stayed at Poly last year to have CMs taking drink and food orders at the pool. And the service was pretty good, IMO.

So I'm wondering which DVC resorts offer this? We didn't notice anyone at the RIV pool last year but we were at the quiet pool, not the main pool. I can't tell you the suffering I faced having to walk all the way to Bar Riva and back so DW and I would have some margaritas to sip in the hot tub. 😎

Dumb question - what's a reasonable tip for someone like this?

The BRV pool at the WL also had wait staff checking in on people at the pool. Not sure about the main pool. It was nice.

What time of year was it? We typically go in Winter so wondering if this is a thing then or not.

In January of 2024 the feature pool at Kidani had waitstaff for food and drinks. (At least during the day)
Interesting. I was about to say that it partially depends on the time of year. When I was at Stormalong Bay last January, there wasn't any waitstaff, but when I went in September, there was.

There may have been one at paddock pool when we were there jan 2023, but not sure. They also have pool attendants that pick up towels, so not sure if she was an attendant or a server as we didn’t order from her. It was 84° that day and pool was packed.

The Contemporary has a server at both the feature pool and the quiet pool. They are close together and both pools have cabanas. Any pool with rented cabanas will have a server because that is an amenity for the cabanas. They will also cover the other guests as much as possible. Cabana rentals are from 10AM- 7PM, but the servers are only available 11AM-5PM.

I do 25% with a $25 minimum for the day, as they generally are very attentive and check on us often even if we don't order much.
I've also been at the pools with a larger group where it seems like as soon as something is delivered, someone wants something else. If we're really running the server around then I'll go higher for sure.
Conversely, if I were just there briefly and got something just once and left afterward, I'd do 25% (they run around a lot, work hard, and deserve it).

We do 20% (it makes the math easier and the difference between 15, 18, and 20% doesn’t really move the needle). If the servers are being attentive and swinging by regularly, we’ll add a few bucks to an order here and there also.

Now if they’d just take my refillable mug and top it off for me, I’d tip handsomely for that too. 😜

Last edited:
Interesting. I was about to say that it partially depends on the time of year. When I was at Stormalong Bay last January, there wasn't any waitstaff, but when I went in September, there was.
Even more interesting, we were at SAB in late January, and we definitely had wait staff. Maybe we had a better weather day? If it's going to be 60 degrees and less crowded, staffing might be reduced. The day we were there it was in the 70s and sunny - and moderately busy.

I suspect its time of year and staffing levels. HHI had someone in February! - when the pool was almost empty, but it was hit and miss. I suspect it was more of a "you aren't doing anything right now, go see if you can sell cocktails to the people sitting by the pool" and not "we offer pool side service to our guests."

What time of year was it? We typically go in Winter so wondering if this is a thing then or not.
It was in both August and September. We tipped 20%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter