• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which restaurants should I have my "adult" DD's share in?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Both of our daughters are Disney "adults". They are 14 and 11. My plan was to have them share at 3 restaurants and save enough to have a nice TS lunch before we get on ME back to the airport.
I don't see them putting away a huge TS meal of appetizer, dessert and meal, and if they have hunger pangs they can probably also share with their brother (who is an 8 year old "child" thank goodness!) or me and DH. The 14 year old has a smaller appetite lately, and the 11 year old is starting to get a little self-conscious about eating a lot, even though they are nowhere near overweight. I think by the end of the week they won't be able to look at a huge 3 course meal.
I know they can't share at Cape May or Chef Mickey's. Our other restaurants are Kona (although that is our first night and they may be hungry enouogh to both eat), Concourse steakhouse, Le Cellier, Spoodles and 50 PTC. Which ones have the biggest portions?
BTW if they are exceedingly hungry of course we will let them get their own meals--if this "master plan" doesn't work out, we'll just snack on that last day or pay OOP. I thought about paying OOP for DS at his meals if that works out better too.
Robin M.

I think sharing is a great idea! :thumbsup2 I'm an adult, and my Mom and I could hardly finish splitting an appetizer and entree at most restaurants. The only times you are not allowed to share is when the meal is all-you-can-eat or buffet.

Enjoy!

They could definitely share at Kona & Concourse. JMHO but I would say no to LeCellier. Their appetizers & entrees were smaller. If they like wings, Kona & concourse give you a very large portion for an appetizer.

Thanks! We've been to 50s PTC and I don't remember if the meals seemed large, but I know for sure the s'more dessert was massive...I know they could share that for sure.
Robin M.

From our meals last AUG. I would say that ESPN club, it had huge appitzers(Chicken DINGERS/Nachos/Wings) that filled us up so we took our Burgers and desserts to go. You can order a sandwich that comes cut in half by default.

Actually, at LeCellier, the menu tells you how big the steaks are. If you get the 7 oz, that really isn't big enough to share (probably). However, if you get the 14 ounce, it definitely is.

We got the 7 oz, and with the appetizer were so full that we had our desserts boxed to take back to the resort.

I'd rethink Concourse. It was the worst of the steak places we ate. The food was much better at LeCellier, Les Chefs de France, and Coral Reef. Another place with HUGE servings was Planet Hollywood.

We enjoyed 50s Prime Time a lot, but I'm not sure it was big enough for teen sharing...except the desserts were huge.

kcashner said:
I'd rethink Concourse. It was the worst of the steak places we ate.

My best steak was at the Concourse, but I understand opinion differ since my father prefered Le Cellier. Our party of 7 was split(opinion wise) on most of our meals, only one everyone agreed was that Sci Fi was the worst of our sit downs, not that it was bad. Overall none of the meals were considered negative by anyone in our party ranging from a 13 year old to a 59 year old.

Point made--different people have different tastes. And Concourse wasn't horrible. We felt that it was "just ok" and that there were many better places.

As long as you stay away from the filet at most steakhouses. I had it at Kona, LeCell, Concourse and while I enjoyed it, it is the size of a hamburger patty, so not suitable for splitting. Our meal at LeCell is pretty small as you usually get the beef item and one side (unless you get one of the larger steaks). Maybe if 3 adults share 2 adult meals you might be OK, or order a child's meal for one kid or side item. We often will order a side order for our grandson when he orders a kid's meal. He never likes the adult choices. While at LeCell, our grandson got the kids' steak meal and really enjoyed that. It was prefect for him. He was not on the dining plan since we were a mixed party (some on and some not on the DDP). We are usually on the DDP (DVC members) and always have a DDE also, so we are usually complicated when preparing our bill and we often give away our adult TS credits to other adults when we don't use them all (we never have children's credits, only adult ones).

Kona, and Concourse (depending on the oz of the choice) may be sharable. Except for the fried chicken I'd say Prime time isn't the place to share an entree nor would Le Cellier, or Coral Reef. I've never been to Spoodles, but have that planned for July. Prime Time has very large desserts. I've always found Coral Reef to have small portions. You could have the kids share a dining credit and wil\tha llthe other food at the table I'm sure you would have more than enough food. With five sharing four credits there is bound to be enough food for all five people--four apps alone is a good amount of food, let alone the entrees and desserts that accompany them. Worse case you'd order one extra entree or kids meal and pay OOP for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter