Which retired attraction do you wish you could have ridden?

Maelstrom. My mom fondly remembers riding it decades ago, but I never rode it. Too late now.:rolleyes2

There are few retired rides in WDW that I never got a chance to go on. The one I regret the most is Davy Crockett's Canoes. My brother and my Dad went on them on my first trip, but for some reason I did not. A few trips later it was closed and I still had not had a chance to row those canoes.

Been a regular since 1992, first trip was 1981. The only thing I think I have missed is...

THE SWAN BOATS.

I know it is cheesy, but I think it would be fun.

I missed a lot of rides, some skipped on purpose, but my first trip was 2 years too late to have the chance to ride the swan boats.

Expedition Everest is a non-retired ride I wish I could have ridden. I had a chance in 2009, but my neck was bothering me so I skipped it. By my next trip, I had a spine problem (unrelated to the neck problem) that permanently stops me from riding it.

The whole Wonders of Life pavilion. I went to EPCOT in early 1984, before WoL or the Living Seas was finished. I didn't make it back to Epcot until 2004, and by then, WoL was only open for a week or 2 every year at Christmas time. Every time we went to WDW from then on, I hoped WoL would be open, but no such luck. I would have loved to experience Cranium Command, Body Wars, and The Making of Me at least one time.

I also miss several rides and attractions throughout WDW- Horizons, World of Motion, the original Imagination ride with Figment and the Dreamfinder, the upstairs area of the Imagination pavilion, Communicore!, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, If You Had Wings, and ExtraTERRORestrial are the ones that come to mind- but I got to experience them at least once or twice.

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
Hey, I remember this one. Not bad, really. My expectations were quite low, considering you basically just sat in a room. But the effects weren't bad.

The swan boats was a lovely and relaxing ride around the hub which my parents loved and I didn't appreciate at the time. Now that I'm my parents' age, I wish they were still around.
Come to Boston and ride the original Swan Boats!

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Meh. Pooh's no better or worse.

The whole Wonders of Life pavilion. I went to EPCOT in early 1984, before WoL or the Living Seas was finished. I didn't make it back to Epcot until 2004, and by then, WoL was only open for a week or 2 every year at Christmas time. Every time we went to WDW from then on, I hoped WoL would be open, but no such luck. I would have loved to experience Cranium Command, Body Wars, and The Making of Me at least one time.

I also miss several rides and attractions throughout WDW- Horizons, World of Motion, the original Imagination ride with Figment and the Dreamfinder, the upstairs area of the Imagination pavilion, Communicore!, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, If You Had Wings, and ExtraTERRORestrial are the ones that come to mind- but I got to experience them at least once or twice.

I love mid-80's EPCOT Center.

Not that I condone it, but there are a couple of videos floating around where someone sneaked into the WoL pavilion, camera-on-hand. Very nostalgic.

Another vote for Alien Encounter. Never got to ride that one. I do have good memories of Toad, Horizons, and Snow White. Not one of the three was an earth shattering ride, but they were all enjoyable in their own way.

I was on mr. Toad but don't remember it because of my age at the time. However from the same trip in mid 70s I do remember 20,000 leagues. It was a fantastic ride for a small kid. I wish they would bring it back. I was fortunate enough to ride mr. Toad at disneyland a couple of years ago.

I don't remember ever riding the skyway. I would love to be able to ride over everyone.

I've never been on any ride outside of WDW so everything at the other parks is a "wish to do, damn I missed it" situation.

Horizons would definitely be my #1 choice, but I'd also love to experience the original versions of Figment and Snow White's Scary Adventures

Maelstrom. :candle: I was in Epcot in 1989. The next time was May 2014, with 2 young kids, and we ran out of time. I didn't get to go on it. Shortly after I got back they announced it was closing. So disappointing.

I also miss the original Mexico ride, not all that stuff with Donald Duck.

Don't want to brag, but, I have been on everyone of the "retired" rides listed so far. Some were good, some were meh! To whomever said, the they felt that the original Imagination probably had to be done in person... you are correct. The beginning had you slack jawed and wondering how the heck they did that. The current one will also cause somewhat the same problem. You are slack jawed, but, you are wondering why the heck they did that!

I remember riding Skyway when I was 10. Like the OP the ride that I really missed out on was 20,000 Leagues. I remember asking my parents to go on it and we didn't end up doing it for whatever reason. My father hated waiting in lines so it's possible that the line was too long :P

I've been on most of the retired rides listed, but didn't do ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter or If You Had Wings (the first thing that popped into my head as an answer to this question as it was the predecessor to Dreamflight which I loved)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter