Which shark tour on North Shore?

sydneymorganmom

Mouseketeer
We are considering a cage/free dive on the North Shore. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on either of the companies? I was looking at One Ocean Diving, Hawaii Shark Encounters and North Shore Shark Adventures but if someone has another, please advise. Thanks!

Last edited:
We are considering a cage/free dive on the North Shore. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on either of the companies? I was looking at One Ocean Diving, Hawaii Shark Encounters and North Shore Shark Adventures but if someone has another, please advise. Thanks!

We WERE going to use Hawaii Shark Encounters, but our trip kept getting canceled due to weather. They were amazing to work with though and tried so hard to get us out on a boat! We go back in February and will be booking through them again when we go. BTW, they have a Groupon offer going on right now https://www.groupon.com/deals/hawaii-shark-encounters-3

We ended up doing North Shore Shark Adventures. It was absolutely amazing. We brought a Go Pro so we didn't need the DVD. Definitely checked that off my bucket list. The water was really rough that day but well worth it nonetheless.

I'm so confused. :( I was hoping to be able to easily search online and find reviews for multiple different companies offering shark cage dives on the North Shore. I find it hard to tell in some cases what the company name is... particularly when they appear to be linked to from other sites!

I found...
Sounds like at least some people here have had a positive experience with North Shore Shark Adventures... any others?

Would love any/all feedback!! :)

We used North Shore Shark Adventures and had a great time despite my getting a bit seasick on the boat ride back to shore. The one tip I would give anyone looking to do a shark dive is to book the first tour of the day for the calmest water conditions. When the pull the cage back to the boat you can get tossed about (that's what did me and several others in).

We used North Shore Shark Adventures and had a great time despite my getting a bit seasick on the boat ride back to shore. The one tip I would give anyone looking to do a shark dive is to book the first tour of the day for the calmest water conditions. When the pull the cage back to the boat you can get tossed about (that's what did me and several others in).
Thanks for the excellent advice, and I'm glad to hear that you had a great experience with them as well!!

When I was a kid watching documentaries about sharks, I vowed that I would do this someday! Of course, at the time I wanted it to be cage diving with Great Whites off the Great Barrier Reef, but years later as a mother with two kids to raise, I think I'll probably have to content myself with this likely tamer experience! LOL!! :)

Oh -- might I ask... what time was your tour, and had you taken anything like Bonine beforehand just in case?

Oh -- might I ask... what time was your tour, and had you taken anything like Bonine beforehand just in case?

I think it was around 8:00 am (don't know for sure). What I do remember was that I thought I booked us on the first dive of the day, but was surprised when we got there that the boat was pulling in with the people who just finished their dive. I didn't think to use bovine or dramamine because I had never gotten seasick before.

I think it was around 8:00 am (don't know for sure). What I do remember was that I thought I booked us on the first dive of the day, but was surprised when we got there that the boat was pulling in with the people who just finished their dive. I didn't think to use bovine or dramamine because I had never gotten seasick before.
Gotcha'! I've never gotten seasick, but DH is prone to it and DD10 did a bit on an excursion off our Disney cruise when the water got rough. She seemed ok the next time when we gave her bonine ahead of time.

I'll definitely look for the earliest possible. Thanks again!! :)

I keep thinking of new questions right after I post!!

I'm wondering how long you get to be in the cage (which sounds weird to say...!)? One said 20min, I think. I emailed Hawaii Shark Encounters and they said at least 30min - maybe more if the group is smaller.

For those who have done these, how long did you get to stay in there? Did it fee like enough?

I keep thinking of new questions right after I post!!

I'm wondering how long you get to be in the cage (which sounds weird to say...!)? One said 20min, I think. I emailed Hawaii Shark Encounters and they said at least 30min - maybe more if the group is smaller.

For those who have done these, how long did you get to stay in there? Did it fee like enough?

We were in the water approximately 20 minutes with North Shore and I thought it was more than enough time for me. There were 6 people in the cage during our dive, my family of four, plus two other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter