• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which tower should I request at Disneyland Hotel?

SPJ

Earning My Ears
I'm about to book a 2 night stay at the Disneyland Hotel in January, and wondering which tower I should request? I know it won't be guaranteed, but there's a chance! With the construction that will be ongoing in January, is there a particular tower that would be better to avoid? We will be booking a standard view room if that makes a difference. I was thinking of requesting a room in the Fantasy Tower so that we have the original theming and close to everything. Also, are all the standard rooms renovated? Or any towers to avoid as they have unrenovated rooms? Thanks!

The only tower I’d want to avoid right now is Frontier.

I loved the standard rooms in the Fantasy Tower when my kids were younger because they faced the parking lot and so we had a great view of the fireworks from the room but rather than stay up late and face the crowds and the walk back to the hotel the kids got to watch them in their PJs and were ready to go to sleep right when they ended. :)

We like adventure for the deluxe view and fantasy for standard (for reasons that were mentioned above). Frontier right now is really one to avoid with the ongoing construction of the DVC tower right next to it.

I will echo the above comments but also add that if you stay in Fantasy, try and get something closer to the DTD end. We were way down on the other end in a "pool view" room. You had to stand off to the side to glimpse the pool. There was a great view of the construction, though :D

I'd avoid Frontier. We had a really great standard view in Adventure tower in May. Fantasy should be fine, too.

I like Adventure because it's closer to the quick service and has the bridge over to the gift shop and coffee house. It's also a shorter walk to/from Downtown Disney with a little hidden gate right on the sidewalk for hotel guests.

Fantasy is also okay, but I actually prefer Adventure for ease of access, plus there is nothing really in the main lobby that you need during your stay.

I like Adventure because it's closer to the quick service and has the bridge over to the gift shop and coffee house. It's also a shorter walk to/from Downtown Disney with a little hidden gate right on the sidewalk for hotel guests.

Fantasy is also okay, but I actually prefer Adventure for ease of access, plus there is nothing really in the main lobby that you need during your stay.
Adventure is my favorite, too, especially when we do club level.

Did you request the Fantasy Tower beforehand or just when you checked in? I go next week and am hoping for a that tower.
We requested it before and had it noted. I did online check in as soon as I was able. When we arrived, I went to the front desk to get a key for the pool (we arrived around 8am) and the gal at the front desk acknowledged our request and was able to give me a room number and just told us it wasn't ready yet. We got our text it was ready right arounf 3pm.

Did you request the Fantasy Tower beforehand or just when you checked in? I go next week and am hoping for a that tower.
Call ahead and request fantasy, and they'll give you a room in there if they can. I've requested certain towers three times and gotten the one I wanted twice.

How do you convince them to note your request in advance? I haven't called often but, each time I do and ask if the CM can make a note of requests I'm told "call back 2 days before arrival". What do you all say to get them to make that note further than 2-days in advance?

How do you convince them to note your request in advance? I haven't called often but, each time I do and ask if the CM can make a note of requests I'm told "call back 2 days before arrival". What do you all say to get them to make that note further than 2-days in advance?
I've never had them tell me I had to call back 2 days before arrival, they just say they'll make a note of it but it isn't guaranteed. Maybe it depends on which CM you get? You could always call now and then call back later to double check on your request.

I've never had a problem with a request either. I just called a few days ago for a December stay and not only did the put the request in but my tower requests showed up in my reservation on the website/app.

I never have a location preference. The distance/walk doesn’t bother me. I’ve had a variety or good and bad rooms in all 3 towers. But the one and only time I mentioned a preference for the Adventure Tower (previous year we had a great room) we got stuck with a terrible room.
Upon check in, I inquired about my Adventure Tower request. Originally told that it was full but then checked again and found a room. (I didn’t insist. Just politely asked. I was fine either way)
Well, I think someone else may have just rejected the room before us. It was an unusually small room on the second floor. No space between the bed and the window.
So now I just don’t bother making a request.

But for your question OP, I have enjoy both views in Fantasy tower. The dreaded “parking lot” view actually gave us a great Fireworks view. But I don’t mind the pool view either from Fantasy or Adventure. But I suppose the view would include construction right now.

I've never had a problem with a request either. I just called a few days ago for a December stay and not only did the put the request in but my tower requests showed up in my reservation on the website/app.
Did that show up fairly quickly, or was there a delay? I put a request in via the chat (if you're logged into your account already - seemed easiest). She said I was all set, but I don't see anything yet in the app; still says "no requests".

I think it was immediate but I'm not certain as it was a day or two before I went back to look at the reservation. I've made plenty of room requests in the past though and this is the first time I've seen it show up, but all of my prior requests at WDW and DLR were at least acknowledged at check-in and most of them were fulfilled. I'm actually checking into GCH tomorrow and made a room request there as well, but nothing showing on the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter