Which travel agency do you use for ABD?

larry_poppins

DIS Veteran
I am considering the China trip in 2013. Anxiously awaiting the dates! Do you experienced ABDers book directly with Disney or do you use a travel agency and if so which one and why?

Thanks in advance!

Larry:surfweb:

I normally book directly with ABD, unless there's a special reason, like a DIS Unplugged exclusive trip. For that I'll book directly with Dreams Unlimited.

ABD has it's own reservation folks who are very knowledgeable about ABD, and can talk you through the whole thing.

So my suggestions are either do it yourself through ABD, or go through Dreams Unlimited.

Sayhello

i use a unrelated travel company from Disney and Dreams and they have always been great....but I'm not allowed to mention them because this is owned by the owners of dreams lol
...there are many options out there and I'm sure they are good...some are just soooo much better lol
:flower3:

I am considering the China trip in 2013. Anxiously awaiting the dates! Do you experienced ABDers book directly with Disney or do you use a travel agency and if so which one and why?

Thanks in advance!

I've mentioned many times in this forum that I've booked my ABDs through Costco and I've never had my posts removed. I use Costco because they give a rather large cash card as an incentive and I shop at Costco a LOT! I've used DU for DCL and been happy with them. And they seem to have a good relationship with ABD and offer a decent gift card that you can use anywhere, in case you don't shop at Costco as much as I do. :)

i use a unrelated travel company from Disney and Dreams and they have always been great....but I'm not allowed to mention them because this is owned by the owners of dreams lol
...there are many options out there and I'm sure they are good...some are just soooo much better lol
:flower3:

Just to clarify.

Peter Werner - the founder and owner of the DISBoards is one of the owners of Dreams Unlimited Travel. I am another owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel along with our partner Donna who lives in New Jersey.

Only Travel Agencies that violate DISBoards Guidelines are not allowed to be mentioned. This has nothing to do with the ownership of the boards. I know there are many people who don't beleive this. If you ever hang out on the cruise thread several agencies are mentioned without issue.

Dreams Unlimited Travel pays to advertise on the DISBoards as well as exclusively sponsor the Adventures by Disney forum.

Dreams Unlimited Travel has an excellent working relationship with Adventures by Disney. So-much-so that we have worked with them to develope exclusive trips just for us that include experiences you can't get on your own or even when booking with ABD directly or with another agency.

We also offer a gift card to anyone who books with us - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/abd/specials.htm - amount is based on the Adventure type.

When the 2012 Adventures were released we offered an early booking discount on top of the gift card. I'm sure we will be doing the same when 2013 itineraries are released.

If you have any questions or concerns about booking your Adventures by Disney vacation with Dreams Unlimited Travel I suggest sending Kevin an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com or you can email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

I think this board is very open about
1- informing you right off the bat that it is oficially sponsored
And
2- extremely liberal about allowing Travel Agency talk, I'm sure they have rules to prevent other people from " advertising" their business here, but they allow individuals not affiliated to discuss them
And
3-extremely liberal about allowing critical and comparative comments about ABD vs other tour companies( that they might not represent). I've seen people out and out recommend something other than ABD, and it's not been removed or received a warning.

This is a very generous policy, and it's upfront honest nature tells me something about the kind of folks running it, and make me more likely to trust them for advice and to book my trips with them ( though I haven't yet!)

I'm on another board for cruising you can't even mention travel agents by name; even individuals comparing types of booking options will have threads removed. They have several booking agencies represented but never really disclose what the relationships are exactly to their " critical" content...this makes me leery of using their recommended/featured companies. So kudos to Webmaster John and the others, I find this site remarkabley candid!

Thanks guys. I appreciate all of your responses. I will look at what is offered at both Costco and Dreams Unlimited. I am not a member of Costco, but could always join. What I really need is for Disney to release the 2013 dates and rates!

Larry

Thanks guys. I appreciate all of your responses. I will look at what is offered at both Costco and Dreams Unlimited. I am not a member of Costco, but could always join. What I really need is for Disney to release the 2013 dates and rates!

Larry

I have it on very good authority that we will see 2013 Adventures announed MUCH earlier this year than in years past.

If you want to be placed on a waitlist for 2013 and you want to take advantage of any early booking discount that Dreams Unlimited Travel will run please send Kevin an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

I tend to use AAA. Since January is Disney promotion month I usually book at that time. AAA has always honored any other discount that I have found online. This year I got $100 off per package and 5% off the entire trip.

I have it on very good authority that we will see 2013 Adventures announed MUCH earlier this year than in years past.

If you want to be placed on a waitlist for 2013 and you want to take advantage of any early booking discount that Dreams Unlimited Travel will run please send Kevin an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Yay! Now if they would just offer a trip to Peru in March that isn't adults only. We really want to do a big spring break trip next year.

THANK GOODNESS!!!! I'm glad they are listening to some of their customers. My family has to plan our trips more than a year in advance so hopefully this will allow us to plan to travel with Disney. Secondly, I second (now that sounds funny) the thoughts of Familygoboston and thank the owners and keepers of these boards for their fair policies and freedoms to post.

This is our first ABD trip coming up in April and we booked through DU. I guess we could have booked with a more local travel agent but these are the reasons we booked with DU:

1. The China trip is so expensive, the gift card offered by DU is like getting a discount on the price. Getting money back softens the sticker shock.

2. Before I booked, I emailed Kevin some questions and he answered them very quickly ... and it was midnight. My travel agent here (who happens to be a friend) won't answer questions at hours other than business hours. And while it may seem odd that most of their business is done by email, it's actually kind of attractive to get answers during times that don't conform to the standard business hours. If that makes any sense ....

3. It was the podcasts that convinced me that if I was going to go to China, it better be with ABD. And the podcasts just seem to sound like they had a good relationship with ABD....so why not give them a shot.

So.... here's the funny thing. Kevin booked us, booked our extra day and we paid DU for the trip. All other ABD business has been directly with ABD. I call ABD and they call me (so many forms!). Unlike other things I booked with a travel agent, I seem to have total control over the trip. It's like the best of both worlds!!!! I got the DU "rebate" AND I retained control. :goodvibes

Oh, John, that's so good to hear! August is just too late to be making these kinds of decisions! Gives me more time to obsess! ;)

Sayhello

I have booked directly with ABD, but the year there were all the cancellations, I had a hard time getting through to fix things after my trip was cancelled. (It was a crazy couple of days, and we were up against another deadline, so couldn't wait for things to calm down at ABD.)

Luckily, I happened to be booking a WDW trip at the same time through MEI/Mousefan travel. My agent there was able to get through on a private number and make the needed changes for me. She also gave me a gift card for reassigning the booking to her. Since then I've booked through her. This year, she was also able to "hold" an ABD trip for me while I decided, which was nice.

I assume any specialized Disney agent can do this, and I know folks on this board love DU. I just happened to already have a relationship going with MEI.

FWIW, I think it's nice to build up a relationship with a good travel agent who can learn what you like in your travel arrangements and always be on the lookout for a deal for you in any area. It doesn't cost anything on your end, and can end up making all your travel easier.

This IS great news!!!! Now I hope things settle in Egypt and consider going there late 2013......

Thanks in advance!

We use Dreams exclusively!! We have 1 ABD under our belt, 1 this summer, and looking to add an ABD add-on for a DCL Med-Cruise in 2013.

We only have fantastic things to say about Dreams!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter