Which Value Resort is Best?

ForeverJ

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to decide what resort I should choose for the week of January 27-February 2, 2019. I'm currently deciding between POP Century and All Star Movies. My budget only allows for a value resort, and both resorts are undergoing renovations that will be ready for my trip in 2019. I will be traveling with 2 other adults including myself. Here are the Pros and Cons that I have gathered so far from each resort. Please let me know which resort you would choose and reasons why. Thank you all :)

Pop Century - Price 948.40 (standard room)
Cons
- Standard Room in a resort that is fairly large
- Resort is much larger which means possibly more walking
Pros
- Resort does not share bus service
- Better food court than ASMo (according to blogs)
- Normally can find a room discount once released

All Star Movies - Price 950.01 (preferred room)
Cons
- Sometimes shares bus services with other All Star Resorts
- Not always included in room discounts
Pros
- Preferred room for the same price of a standard room at POP
- Small resort which means less walking

If Disney Skyliner was going to be ready for your dates,I would definitely go with POP.

Hourglass Lake is so pretty,but not so much during the construction.:)

I do agree that POP has a better Food Court and right across the bridge from POP,AoA has some selections unique to all the Values.:)

Also your chances of "encountering" The 15s is about the same at each Resort.:)

Even with the Disney Skyliner construction,I think I would still go with POP.:)

AND WELCOME!!!!

I am currently staying at all star movie as I type. I just got here and haven’t made it to parks yet but we have our own bus, not sharing with other all stars. I took bus to Disney Springs and did not stop at other all stars. Although this could change during slower seasons. Stayed at Pop last year and paid extra for preferred room. Resort was much bigger and I was not in refurbished room. All Star movie is not that big of a resort and I don’t think I would pay extra for preferred room.

Something else to think about...

If you are staying at ASMo, you walk easily walk to the All-Star resorts for their food if you want. Transversely, if you are stay at POP, you can walk to AoA for their food if you want.

POP is a little closer to Epcot and HS than ASmo.

Personally, we stayed at ASMu when we stayed in the value hotel just because we like the music theme compared to the other themes. I think you have thought about it well and at this point, it is your owner personal choice. Good luck and have a safe trip

I prefer Pop for the location (closer to everything except AK). The All Stars are closing the gap with their renos, though. They've seemed rundown for quite a while, which was also pushing me to Pop. The Pop rooms never seemed as desperately in need of a reno as the All Stars (not too surprising since Pop is almost 10 years newer).

I like Pop the best because of the Lake, buses, theming and proximity to AofA.
It would always be worth it to me to pay the extra amount to stay at Pop.
But there’s nothing wrong with the AllStars. Lots of people prefer them.

Pop! I've stayed in standard rooms both times I've been there (and will be doing so again when I return this November) and I never thought the walk to the buses was too bad. Plus, you can walk right across the bridge to get to AoA's food court, which is largely considered the best among the Values (though I also like Pop's just fine).

Also something worth considering: Pop is almost done with their room renos. The All-Stars are really just beginning theirs in the grand scheme of things, and may still be undergoing room renos in early 2019 depending on how things shake out.

Thank you all for your help! We have decided to go with POP and request a standard room closer to the buses and food court. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter