Which will it be? AKL? AKLV? VAKL? AKV?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Do we here at the DIS decide the acronym, or it is something DVC does?

I see so many different versions, I am wondering if just one will stick.

I personally like Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

When AK was first announced, some thought it would be VAKL, but then someone discovered it was being called Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. Bummer.

I think that Caskbill did a thread saying the "official" acronym on the boards would be AKV.

Note that we at the DIS can call it whatever we want. Even if the official name is Animal Kingdom Lodge or whatever, people can use VAKL, as long as it isn't too confusing.

Nonconformists (and VAKL lovers) of the world unite!

Why add more letters to your acronym than needed? Unless you are saying it as one word... Hmm, V-Ah-K-hyL.

Does that make VWL - V-erW-L?

:scratchin

I'm going with (VAKL) Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge because That is the name of the hotel the villas will be associated with. Is it VWL (Villas at Wilderness lodge? If so, it makes sense that Animal Kingdom Lodge would be VAKL. Just my two cents. I've also called it AKV and AKLV.:confused3

Beach Club Villas == BCV

Villas at Wilderness Lodge == VWL

Boardwalk Villas == BWV

Animal Kingdom Villas != VAKL

It's AKV. A TLA can't have 4 letters. You'll like go back in time or something.

grim pirate:

Originally a lot of us thought Disney would follow the naming trend they used with VWL and call it the Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge, so that's where VAKL started. But since Disney went with Animal Kingdom Villas, then I'm going with AKV. The acronym should match the name otherwise it gets confusing.

Originally a lot of us thought Disney would follow the naming trend they used with VWL and call it the Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge, so that's where VAKL started. But since Disney went with Animal Kingdom Villas, then I'm going with AKV. The acronym should match the name otherwise it gets confusing.

That's why we have 'officially' stated AKV will be used on the DIS, to avoid confusion, and to match Disney's 'official' title of "Animal Kingdom Villas".

Keep in mind, only a few of the villas will actually be in the Lodge itself. Most units, from my understanding, will be in the new buildings still to be constructed. These buildings will not be part of the lodge itself. Thus AKV makes more sense.

this may have nothing to do with it.

but Disney - like Disney's name first

Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Animal Kingdom

when II and others do VWL:
it the Villas of Disney's wilderness lodge. - Disney name is not first and it get put in another section.

Disney likes their name to be first and everything together. makes it simplier.

When AK was first announced, some thought it would be VAKL, but then someone discovered it was being called Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. Bummer.
No bummer because that's not the name. Disney's name for the new DVC resort near the animal kingdom lodge is

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

And as Spiceycat mentions, this puts Disney's name first

This is similar to Disney's Boardwalk Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, etc.

They don't refer to BWV as Villas at the Boardwalk Inn, or BCV as Villas at the Beach Club.

Only VWL has the odd type of extension.

AKV is more in line with the way they named BWV and BCV, both of which are also attached to Disney hotels.

That's why we have 'officially' stated AKV will be used on the DIS, to avoid confusion, and to match Disney's 'official' title of "Animal Kingdom Villas".

Keep in mind, only a few of the villas will actually be in the Lodge itself. Most units, from my understanding, will be in the new buildings still to be constructed. These buildings will not be part of the lodge itself. Thus AKV makes more sense.

Ok. That sounds reasonable.

Beach Club Villas == BCV

Villas at Wilderness Lodge == VWL

Boardwalk Villas == BWV

Animal Kingdom Villas != VAKL

It's AKV. A TLA can't have 4 letters. You'll like go back in time or something.

grim pirate:
I "C" your point!

Why do we need the V in the acronym of any resorts. What is wrong with BC, BW, WL, SSR, OKW and now AK. We all know they are resorts and resort villas.

Why do we need the V in the acronym of any resorts. What is wrong with BC, BW, WL, SSR, OKW and now AK. We all know they are resorts and resort villas.

Becasue the 'V' stands for VICTORY!

You smell that? Do you smell that?...Animals, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Animals in the morning. You know, one time we had a savannah view, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Club room. The smell, you know, that Animal smell, the whole hill. Smelled like - victory. Some day, this rumor war's gonna end. And then the CRV will be built!

-Tony

You smell that? Do you smell that?...Animals, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Animals in the morning. You know, one time we had a savannah view, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Club room. The smell, you know, that Animal smell, the whole hill. Smelled like - victory. Some day, this rumor war's gonna end. And then the CRV will be built!

-Tony
OMG!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

-Tony

{chanting} Go..go...go..

You're on a roll!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter