Which would you choose?

For a 1 bedroom, I completely agree.... Kidani is a must!!! 2 full bathrooms! The master bathroom is about the size of my master bedroom, lol, let alone my bathroom at home.

For a 1 bedroom, I completely agree.... Kidani is a must!!! 2 full bathrooms! The master bathroom is about the size of my master bedroom, lol, let alone my bathroom at home.
I just looked at a room tour on YouTube, and wow! I didn't even notice they had kitchens and a washer and dryer! Which, I totally should have known since this isn't exactly my first rodeo.
We were originally planning on staying the entire week at the Poly, but I didn't book it when I should have and now I can't get a full week there, so I was only focusing on rooms that slept 5 and were about the same price as a standard room at the Poly, I didn't even look at how they were configured. With our military discount the 1 bedroom is only $50 more a night! I might need to convince my family we need to stay the entire week there! :thumbsup2

I just looked at a room tour on YouTube, and wow! I didn't even notice they had kitchens and a washer and dryer! Which, I totally should have known since this isn't exactly my first rodeo.
We were originally planning on staying the entire week at the Poly, but I didn't book it when I should have and now I can't get a full week there, so I was only focusing on rooms that slept 5 and were about the same price as a standard room at the Poly, I didn't even look at how they were configured. With our military discount the 1 bedroom is only $50 more a night! I might need to convince my family we need to stay the entire week there! :thumbsup2

My husband and I took my mom and her husband to WDW in November and booked the Kidani 1bdr and they were so impressed with the room. The bedroom is huge, and has an amazing master bath connected to it. The large dining table and balcony were great for hanging out. It was an extremely impressive room, and I absolutely loved the in-room washer and dryer that allowed us to cut down on the clothes that we packed.

I also would say BC and Poly. We stayed at YC for the first time this past Dec and loved it! I know the theming is different between BC and YC but I am sure the experience of being so close to Epcot and DHS is the same. We already had planned for 2 Epcot days but because we were so close we had other times we could squeeze in. Loved the short walk or boat ride to both parks. The buses to MK, AK, and DS were fine. They share a bus and YC is the first stop. Poly is also a favorite resort.

Yeah, location is definitely the big draw for me to BC! Pools are fun, but we live on a lake and my kids get plenty of time swimming. We will definitely be spending some extra time in the WS on this trip and being able to just stroll over sounds fabulous to me. We literally ran through it on our last trip hitting up our "must-dos" before we had to pile in the car and leave.
I do think my kids will enjoy AKL more though, so I guess it will come down to how selfish I'm feeling when I make the reservations. Lol!
I think if you plan on visiting the WS more this time, then the BC would be a better choice since you wouldn't be spending much time traveling from resort to a park. It is very nice after the holiday version of Illuminations to walk right out the back entrance of the WS to your resort. We are DVC members who own at BWV and GFV and I prefer BWI due to the location.

We are going the week after Thanksgiving and I'm trying to decide between a split stay at the Beach Club and the Poly, or AKL Villas and the Poly.
We've been to the Beach Club but not to stay (visiting family staying there) and my kids weren't super excited by it, but walking to Epcot seems like a pretty sweet bonus! Especially because I feel like we never have enough time to really explore the World Showcase.
We've only been to AKL to eat at Boma, but my kids loved it! There definitely seems to be lots to explore at the resort, and while we do spend the majority of the day at the parks we also plan a day or two just to hang out at our resort. We would stay in a Savannah view room if one is available.
The Poly is non-negotiable because it's everyone's favorite!
We loved the AKL and it should be decorated for the holidays. Walking to Epcot is great too but if your kids weren't excited by the pool, I would go with AKL. Our DD loved it. It was her favorite resort.

We are going the week after Thanksgiving and I'm trying to decide between a split stay at the Beach Club and the Poly, or AKL Villas and the Poly.
We've been to the Beach Club but not to stay (visiting family staying there) and my kids weren't super excited by it, but walking to Epcot seems like a pretty sweet bonus! Especially because I feel like we never have enough time to really explore the World Showcase.
We've only been to AKL to eat at Boma, but my kids loved it! There definitely seems to be lots to explore at the resort, and while we do spend the majority of the day at the parks we also plan a day or two just to hang out at our resort. We would stay in a Savannah view room if one is available.
The Poly is non-negotiable because it's everyone's favorite!

We've stayed at all 3 (although not a villa at AKL) and while the BC is a nice resort, AKL would be my choice for a split with the Poly. Being within walking distance to Epcot is a nice perk of the BC, but we prefer the theme/quiet atmosphere of AKL. AKL is a great resort (IMO) and I think your kids would love staying there :).

Thanks everyone! It sounds like AKL/Poly is the winner! We've never been while the resorts are decorated for Christmas and I didn't even think about that aspect, plus we will be traveling from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and the theming of those resorts will be a fun change from the frozen north! :goodvibes

You are in for a treat as Disney during the holidays is amazing! All of the resorts are nicely decorated and everything is very festive. Have a great trip :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter