Which would you chose and why?

E

eeyoresmom

Studio at Kidani or SSR ?...DD 18 and I planned a last minute trip for Dec 17, 4 nights. We will probably do all 4 parks. There was availabilty at Kidani and SSR. We have stayed at SSR many times but not for several years and like it very much except for The Carousel area (hate). We love Jambo House but have never stayed at Kidani. We tend to like the hustle and bustle of the DVC resorts attached to hotels which is why I am cosidering switching our standard view at Kidani. I'm afraid it will feel too remote....any advise from those who have experienced both? We are not looking for peace and quiet this trip :rotfl:

Kidani is definitely quieter than Jambo House.

the standard view - could be parking lot, or parking lot/swimming pool. you would need to walk to Jambo House for QS (Maria)

Studio at Kidani or SSR ?...DD 18 and I planned a last minute trip for Dec 17, 4 nights. We will probably do all 4 parks. There was availabilty at Kidani and SSR. We have stayed at SSR many times but not for several years and like it very much except for The Carousel area (hate). We love Jambo House but have never stayed at Kidani. We tend to like the hustle and bustle of the DVC resorts attached to hotels which is why I am cosidering switching our standard view at Kidani. I'm afraid it will feel too remote....any advise from those who have experienced both? We are not looking for peace and quiet this trip :rotfl:

If you have never stayed at Kidani, this may be a nice opportunity to try something different. Although there is a lack of a view in a standard studio, it gets dark so early in Dec that it doesn't really matter. There are several places at the resort to view the animals. One great thing about Kidani is the bus system. The park buses stop at Kidani first and are usually empty when they arrive. If you need the hustle/bustle, you can walk, shuttle or take a park bus over to Jambo to hang out or dine. Staying at Kidani also gives you a chance to dine at Sanaa.

We love kidani! The pool area is really nice and the resort feels more personal. We much prefer kidani to SSR. We like the internal rooms and hotel feel of kidani. We also love the animals.

We will be at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village from Dec. 20-27. Will the pools be too cold to swim in and will the water play area be warm enough to play in?

We're big believers in trying new resorts.

If you've never stayed at Kidani but have stayed many times at SSR, the choice is obvious to me. :)

We will be at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village from Dec. 20-27. Will the pools be too cold to swim in and will the water play area be warm enough to play in?

Swimming weather can be hit or miss in December (and Jan and Feb). The resort pools are all heated. If it is in the upper 60's to low 70's, the pools may be doable, but the splash area could be a little uncomfortable, depending on the breeze. If it's in the upper 70's to 80's, then you will be good.

When we were there 12/4-12/11/2010, it did not get into the 60's the entire week. Nobody thought about swimming the entire week. But, 12/1/12-12/9/2012 the weather was absolutely wonderful, with mid-80's in the afternoon and low 60's at night. We swam every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter