Whispering Canyon and Hoop Dee Doo - too similar?

TXMommy

DVC Owner
I have HDDR booked for our upcoming Spring Break trip, but I've also been wanting to try Whispering Canyon - are these meals too similar - both in food and/or experience? We are bringing family that has never been to WDW, and want to show them a wide variety of meals, but both of these sound so fun!

They may be similar in food but since Hoop De Doo is a dinner show I'm not sure how close the experience would be. There isn't a show at WC, just antics by the waitstaff. :)

Yes, I understand that part - it sounds really fun tho (BOTH do!). We have always enjoyed the antics at Prime Time and thought Whispering Canyon would be fun and different for us to try. Any other thoughts?

Totally different experience. I mean both have "cowboy-like" themes....and both are loud and raucous.....but at WC, you sit and eat your meal in western surroundings and you have a loud, kind of brash server who pokes fun. Servers kind of holler out loud throughout the restaurant at each other...that sort of thing.
At HDD, it's like you're sitting in an enormous old west saloon...with your eyes on the stage while you get your food served at tableside.
Hard to compare......but we love HDD. WC is okay....if you're not in the mood and you just want to eat, it can all seem a little annoying in my opinion!

But will be doing WC on our Dec Trip.

Will compare the two and let you know. But from what I have read here

Two Totally Different Experiences! If your group loves Slapstick, you'll definately love HDD!

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter