Whispering Canyon Cafe- any good?

crashbunny

Earning My Ears
We have the silver dream maker plan and we were going to use one night for Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe- any good?
We can take goofing around - heard that happens a lot- and there's lots of kids running around - we can take that too, just wondering about the food- any good? I've heard both good and bad :confused:

Welcome to the Dis Crashbunny:wave: We think it's pretty good stuff. You can see the menu at allearsnet.com We had the all-you-can-eat barbecue there a couple of times, and enjoyed what we had. For more of a fine dining experience at WL, check out Artists Pointe.:earsboy:

Did it last May for the first time and had a great time. Our DDs (2, 4) really enjoyed it. Don't forget to ask for ketchup!

I like it a lot; some people hate it. I have eaten there 3 times, twice for dinner, once for lunch. Each time our party has ordered the skillet & I thought everything but the stew was very good! The atmosphere is very funny- kids only are running around during the stick pony race which seems to happen about every 45-60 minutes.

Originally posted by DisneyShack
Don't forget to ask for ketchup!

Just remember that the food is greasy and ketchup bottles are slippery! ;)

-DH

This is one of my families favorites for the fun. h and breakfast are better than the dinners as far as we are concerned.

heh, heh JKanownik!:teeth:
I know what you mean! But, after shaking one of these ketchup bottles have you ever smelled your hands afterwards? Ewwwwwwwww!:faint: Unwashed grease on ketchup bottles does NOT smell good!

Anyway, the food is just OK. It isn't great BBQ but it is OK and the antics are fun for kids.:wave:

We were at the WCC last May and since DH puts ketchup on everything, there was no avoiding asking for it. We received about 7 bottles from different tables. When another family asked for it, it was DH's job to take it to them. On his way over to the other side of the room, one of the ketchup bottles slipped out of his hands and broke. Ketchup was all over the floor. DH is pretty shy, so it was bad enough that he had to get up and walk to another table across the room holding 7 bottles of ketchup. When it spilled, the CMs made such a big deal, his face turned as red as the ketchup. :o Poor Josh! He is a good sport though and we will definitely be returing to WCC on a future trip. Good food and lots of fun!

-DW:sunny:

Originally posted by DisneyShack
Did it last May for the first time and had a great time. Our DDs (2, 4) really enjoyed it. Don't forget to ask for ketchup!

ok. Auburn people, living in South Carolina. I got to know. What did you think of the barbecue?

we went last year. Some of the food was good, some was just ok. Atmosphere is fun - be sure to ask for a table in the main dining area if you want to be part of the festivities. Ask for a table NOT in the main area if you just want to eat (we sat near the fireplace and had an enjoyable meal - not too much a part of the action.

We were thinking about going for lunch during our Sept trip - are the antics in high gear during lunch as well? Thanks Jo

When my fam. and I went during Tanksgiving of last year, things were great...definately a good place to eat.

We dined at WCC in December and absolutely LOVED it!! (DH, me and three of our DD's) The food was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. We are going back again on 5/14!! Can't wait!! :hyper:

Food is good, but place is very, very loud (louder than in previous visits - waiters screaming, etc.). Plus it seemed this time our waitress was a little more "surly" than I remember from last time. I know it's all part of the act, but with just two grown adults she could have toned it down a little. I think next trip we'll skip it in favor or Artist Pointe.

We are thinking of trying WC this year. Is there a certain time to go to get the "Treatment" or is it constantly going on at all times??

Originally posted by lindajo
We are thinking of trying WC this year. Is there a certain time to go to get the "Treatment" or is it constantly going on at all times??

They do this breakfast, lunch and dinner, however dinner seems to be the loudest.

We went to breakfast one time, and due to technical problems in the kitchen, we were relocated to the Artists Point. It was very subdued there.

But when we went for dinner another time... holy cow... it was non-stop fun! They had all the guys line up and sing I'm a little teapot! We kept asking for drink refills, and finally our waiter just gave each of us a pitcher!!!!:crazy:

Food was delicious. I love the salad and DH really goes for the pulled pork and beans! Even my picky DS eats off the skillet... He loves their roast chicken.

We ate there at lunch time, Thanksgiving Week 2002. The antics were just enough for us. They didn't pull the ketchup trick but the wait staff was in full gear. We did love the stick pony run. I think it was a little more of a subdued atmosphere since it was a lunch crowd that did not fill the restaurant.

Enjoy!

--penny

We ate there in Sept. & Dec. and had very good meals. My wife & myself split the meatloaf dinner in Sept. and Pork chop dinner in Dec. and enjoyed them both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter