Whispering Canyon for Desert Only?

hAm53

hi!!!
After hearing only good things about Whispering Canyon Cafe from the boards and a buddy that just got back from WDW, I really wanna check the place out. However, we already have all of our PS's Planned and my better half doesn't think that she'll like the "loud" factor. Would they get upset if we walked up to the podium and mentioned that we were just looking for dessert (either pop over in the afternoon or later at night toward the end of the normal dinner rush)? The menu on Deb's site has this chocolate mouse cake thing that sounds pretty darn good. I'd feel bad taking up a server's table for only dessert.
also, how late is this place open?

Thanks!

~ Chris

If they won't seat you, just get them "to go" & enjoy them out by the beautiful pool area!

Personally I think it is fine. We have gone mid afternoon, when there are many tables open and just ordered the bottomless shakes and nachos. We have never felt bad, we have 5 in our family, so the bill alone is over $30.

I would not hold a table during a busy time, or make PS to do it, but if there are tables open it should not matter.

The servers have always been fine with it.(At least where we can see!)

If you are not sure if you would like the restaurant, dessert would be a great way to "test drive" it without spending too much.

I have to say we love Whispering Canyon and usually eat at least a couple lunches or evening meals every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter