Whispering Canyon

DCrockett

Mouseketeer
Can anyone who has dined at Whispering Canyon for lunch and dinner comment on the difference, if any in the atmosphere? I have only had the dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thanks

There is a difference; what's funny is that the rowdiness escalates as the day goes on. Breakfast is pretty sedate (although asking for catsup will get the usual results); lunch is a little wilder; and you know what to expect at dinner!

Always good to hear from a WCC fan.

Well, my usual disclaimer is that you'll get polarized opinions about WCC. Food is hearty, designed for unrepentant carnivores. Bascially, there are several menu selections, but their claim to fame is the "skillet," an all-you-can-eat family style meal, which, for dinner, includes ribs, pulled pork, other meats and sides. We happen to enjoy it very much. The ribs are heavily smoked and VERY chewy, and not to everyone's tastes.

But, as with other Disney dining experiences, the atmosphere is the draw. At dinner, expect the servers to be LOUD, upbeat, and frentic, with stick-horse races, good-natured "abuse" of the guests (try asking for catsup, or drop a fork, or ask for Pepsi, or wear a Universal t-shirt.) There's sing-a-longs of a sort ... just think wild, wild west goings on. We find it an absolute hoot, but you'll either love it or hate it.

Here's the dinner menu - and breakfast and lunch are also available:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_wc.htm

When did they change the menu at Whispering Canyon? I'll admit, it has been a while since we were there.... but the menu was quite different.

There used to be chicken, a turkey leg, flank steak/london broil, pork ribs and the veggies.... a little something for everyone. Now it's pork sausage, pork ribs, pulled pork, chicken and the veggies!

Isn't that a little heavy on the pork side, or is it just my imagination? :(

---Paul in Southern NJ

Thanks Dreamfinder2. That's the answer I expected. I love the Wilderness Lodge so we try to get there everytime we go to WDW. I asked about the lunch because we were thinking making a PS as late as possible and then take a boat to MK on 10/31 for MNSSHP. It's my grandaughters 6th birthday so we wanted to make sure it's lots of fun. We have always had a blast at dinner. We are going to Chef Mickeys the night before (10/30) to celebrate my grandson's 4th birthday.
Your right their claim to fame is the skillet and we always get that and it's always been great!
PSimon, here is a copy of the latest all you can eat dinner menu.

[Start with mixed greens with apple vinaigrette dressing, fresh baked corn bread. Move on to smoked pork ribs, canyon pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, pork sausage, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, cowboy beans, creamy cole slaw and corn on the cob.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter