Whispering Canyon ??

panfan

DIS Veteran
Tell me again about dinner here please! We will be a party of six with two children ages 3 and 8 plus four Adlults. Thinking about doing this before MVMCP. Good Idea or not ???

Thanks!:D

If you go here, get ready to have some fun! The people are just plain silly that work there! It's very kid-friendly too. I'm sure you will enjoy yourselves. The food is pretty darn good too! :teeth: Whatever you do, DON'T ASK FOR A SPOON unless you want to make a scene. Just a little tip.

Shelby::MinnieMo

Your kids will love it. They have wooden horse races and the kids get certificates after the race. My kids always want to go back.:)

I have heard about the fork and asking for free stuff, but not the spoon. Please tell me about the spoon.

its my favorite resturant of all! our first time there in december my fiance had to get up and sing a song about a buttercup. and when i went for my 21 b-day in may they made me and my mom run around on toy horses and sing happy birthday! we all love it so much that we are having our reception dinner there!

Will Whispering Canyon be fun for 4 adults? I have heard that it is very kid friendly, but will 4 non-kids be able to enjoy it and have a great time too?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was just there on Saturday night celebrating my daughter's birthday. We had an awesome time. I saw many tables of adults only and they were having just as much fun as the kids.

I got awesome pictures of my hubby doing the buttercup dance:smooth:

When it was time to sing Happy Birthday to my daughter, the waitress brought over a boy who was around the same age as my daughter to help us sing.....in the end both kids were blushing but, later on I heard my daughter tell her friend that she thought he was cute.

We had a great time and hubby wants to go back for his birthday.::yes::

We must have been there on an "off" nite. DD did do the pony races with a wooden pony stick. DH did get the giant diet coke. But the food wasn't the best and the got 4 orders wrong in our party of 12, it also took 2 hours to get served and eat at 8:30 on a Friday (they were not that busy).

Whispering Canyon is one of my favorite restaurants. They have wooden horses that the kids can ride around the restaurnt. If you ask for ketchup they will make an annoucment and everyone who has ketchup at there table brings over their bottles of ketchup. This restaurant is a lot of fun and has many cool things they come up with.::MinnieMo

My family has had many meals there and have never been disapointed by the food or entertainment. Last time some of the staff had alot of fun w/ my husband and I w/ the napkins. Good luck!!! A few times we have asked to be seated near the big fireplace-its seems less eventful there.:hyper:

Is there anywhere on the DIS with the list of questions that should be asked?

I realize that there is no guarantee that anything will happen but...

Isn't best to be prepared!:teeth:

Ok, I know about the Ketchup.
Now I know about the Spoon and the Large Drink.

What Else?

TIA

Scratch
:wave2:

It's a little frantic and the amount of noise and chaos meant that they got distracted and didn't really eat.

My DS asked for a Pepsi. Our waitress told him that they don't serve Pepsi at WDW. Of course, DH had to ask for one when it was his turn. Our waitress glared at him, walked over to the register and picked up a microphone, and had the entire restaurant point at him and yell together "Mickey doesn't serve Pepsi, Mickey serves Coke".
Make sure you ask for a straw, ketchup, and a DIET coke.
My kids kept asking for refills and she finally went to the kitchen and came back with a huge pitcher for each with straws in them. We spent much of that evening looking for restrooms.
We had a great time.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We had a ball here. It was just my DW and me. I had drank all of my regular sized glass of tea and told our waiter that I was parched and to hustle it up.

Well he brought out a pitcher of tea with a straw and thought he was being smart.......well I drank 3 of them.......LOL

Of course my bladder was hurting but it was worth the fun we had with the interaction........really a great place to have fun!!!

TTFN

:wave:

Here's a list I have compiled of this to do and ask at WC

Things to do:

Drop your fork
Ask for something free
Ask for a spoon
Ask for ketchup
Steal ketchup
Use a cell phone
Ask for a large drink
Ask your server where his 6-shooter is
Have a male ask where the restrooms are
Claim your straw is not long enough
Ask where you can buy some chewing gum
Ask for a Pepsi
Ask for Diet Coke

Thanks!

Just the list I was looking for!

Can't wait to try it out! I know, I know,...there is no guarantee but.......

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter