• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

White wall verandah

JacMarie

Earning My Ears
Is it worth $200 to choose the last verandah stateroom on the Magic that does not have a white wall? I am assuming from sitting you can’t see anything with the white wall?

Thank you!

The chairs are pretty low and the so yes view is impaired when sitting. If I had little kids I would avoid it because they wouldn’t see without being picked up which makes me nervous. For myself I wouldn’t mind because when I am on the balcony I am either reading a book or standing at the railing to get a more panoramic view. But if your goal is to sit and watch the sunsets on the water, then get a clear railing.

My wife is in the spend the extra money for a plexiglass veranda category. She likes to sit and read with the option to look up occasionally and watch the ocean and clouds pass by.

I'm in the reserve the white wall veranda and spend the money on something else category. But I am a little taller than my wife and can see better over the rail when sitting. And I'm usually standing at the rail when watch the ocean and clouds pass by.

I think its worth it, especially if it’s a longer trip where you will have more time to enjoy the room. I’ve been in both room types and I find the white wall rooms give off a very slight cargo ship or military ship vibe. Also agree with above that younger kids will get frustrated they can’t see over it and adults get frustrated while sitting.

We used to always book the rooms with the plexiglass but have now realized that: (a) we don't spend a lot of time just sitting on the verandah looking out at the water; and (b) the plexiglass isn't the best thing to look through to get a good view. So if we want to look out at the water, we typically tend to stand out for a while (like when leaving port or passing by somewhere close enough to watch something) or we just sit out there to relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter